DSDPlus DSD Plus, something weird or am I missing something??

I'm am stumped here. I currently have DSD Plus installed on my laptop, Win 11. When I launch DSD Plus connected to my TRX 2 through a USB to the headphone jack, connected to the TRX 2, using the headphone jack to send data, I get the "audio input device failed message" then it closes.

When I run my Icom IC 7100 plugged into the laptop, DSD Plus launches just fine.

Am I missing a step or steps with this one?

Reconrider

Isn't there a setting that needs to be changed on the TRX to allow that audio jack decoding that way?

Also, why not just buy an rtlsdr from amazon, it's cheap and takes 20 minutes to setup

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'm am stumped here. I currently have DSD Plus installed on my laptop, Win 11. When I launch DSD Plus connected to my TRX 2 through a USB to the headphone jack, connected to the TRX 2, using the headphone jack to send data, I get the "audio input device failed message" then it closes.

When I run my Icom IC 7100 plugged into the laptop, DSD Plus launches just fine.

Am I missing a step or steps with this one?
Isn't there a setting that needs to be changed on the TRX to allow that audio jack decoding that way?

Did you set IF out to headphone jack in the settings of the TRX?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What version and how are you starting it? I can start DSDPlus without any input source and it stays open.

EI9BAB

I noticed that when I had my TRX-2 IF connected to my laptop audio jack that the backlight seemed to flicker a bit with it connected directly. The laptop SSD failed shortly after I started using this setup and I was suspicious of some form of resulting overload that may have contributed to this.

In that context I would consider using something like a inexpensive Ground Loop Isolator if I was doing this again.

I would also strongly recommend using an SDR dongle with DSDPlus but there may be something to be said for using a dedicated receiver for weaker signals or "noisy" environments