DSD Plus stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

This is the second time DSD Plus has stopped working. I have a discriminator tap to my computer on two radios and DSD Plus will not decode from either radio. The last time this happened I had to remove and reinstall the program.
I also have DSD 1.6 on the computer and it is working with no problems. Just wondering if anyone else is having any issues with DSD Plus?

Moonbounce

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
This is the second time DSD Plus has stopped working. I have a discriminator tap to my computer on two radios and DSD Plus will not decode from either radio. The last time this happened I had to remove and reinstall the program.
I also have DSD 1.6 on the computer and it is working with no problems. Just wondering if anyone else is having any issues with DSD Plus?

Moonbounce

Negative. This problem is not / cannot possibly be a problem with DSDPlus. If it is installed and working one day and then not the next, it's the audio being fed into it [or not being fed into it].

The application cannot change its function based upon the weather or time of day. It doesn't require anything "extra" to operate other than the lame DLL stuff that it mentions.

Mike

moonbounce

This would not be a " working one day and not the next" this would be a not working one minute and not the next, lol. Anyway I have been doing some testing with my other discriminator tapped radio and I think but I am not sure that it might be the original radio.
The only thing that I did when it quit working was I logged on to the internet and did some surfing, after that no more DSD decode. And strange as it may sound that was the issue the last time as well. At this point I am sure it isn't DSD Plus, I am going to focus on the radio aspect and see if changing some of the discriminator values makes any difference.
I was just interested to know if anyone else was having issues as well. Right now I just tried DSD+ and DSD 1.6 and neither will decode so I am thinking it is the tap.

Moonbounce

mm

same here, mine worked for 3 days and did the same thing. very annoying for sure.

no disc tap either, mine is a USB dongle, I think it's related to a win 8.1 update. if I get it working then i'll disable auto updates and see if this fixes it.

mm

It was a windows 8.1 auto upgrade that caused it, when SDR sharp rebooted the audio was sampling at ~19k instead of 48000. Shutting auto update off for now seems to fix it.

mm

auto updates off and once again it did it this morning and its crashing in win 8.1 not passing audio.

sunny and 65 here in the PNW so I'm not troubleshooting it today.

Real fast update:

I gave it one more shot and re installed DSD+ and also updated SDR SHARP from version 1183 to 1189 and it hasn't dropped audio. Something with vs 1183 in SDR# was disabling audio if I switched between channels periodically.

I had several DMR, P25 AND NXDN channels in my SDR# frequency list and I was switching back and forth comparing audio when it crashed.

So far SDR Sharp 1189 is working much better.

Last edited:

moonbounce

I have DSD Plus running with a scanner/discriminator tap and it works perfect. The problem I had when I thought it crashed was not DSD+, it was a cable that doesn't seem to have good connect. As long as I don't move the radio it is fine, but move the radio or computer and the connection between scanner and computer gets lost. I should but a new cable, but now that I know what is wrong I can live with it.

Moonbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.