DSD+ PROVOICE voice choppy audio plz help with videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

boland191

Hello radioreferance

My First post.... Sorry if this is a duplicate my first post had wrong link

Dsd+ decodes DMR fine

but when I try provoice channel its all choppy distorted but registers as provioice voice (see videos)

I tried siginal polarity inversion nothing works I'm 1 step away from getting it figured out plz help ....

I'm sure this will be a quick fix plz watch video and help ( no it's not dropping calls because of squelch but sounds kinda like it)

https://youtu.be/lPNI24U7PuM

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Is this a conventional or trunked system?

It sounds like it is encrypted. I do not know if DSD+ indicates encypted Provoice.

73 Eric

boland191

This is a trucked system however I'm trying to get voice established before I upgrade to unitrucker it says it's voice and the dmr decryption works great... I tried the P option (siginal polarity) and the I/I option ( IMBE ) and the A option (AMBE) so as stated in the read me files I got with dsd thanks for such a quick reply wow thanks

boland191

I thought dsd+ automatically muted encrypted voice like nothing will happen the system is a edacs aegis and analog I'm tuned to a side channel that's not aegis because as I understand nothing will decrypt aegis so it's registering as voice but not at every transmission thru sdr only some with it registering as provoice voice and garbled audio idk gave u all the info I can Thx again

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Aegis is an earlier form of digital voice using a different vocoder. It is possible the same sync pattern is used as Provoice and DSD+ is mistakenly decoding Aegis as Provoice. I doubt Aegis and Provoice are used on the same system as Provoice is the replacement for Aegis.

DSD+ only decodes the parts of a Provoice transmission used for voice information. It does not know what parts give information about the voice transmission, like vocoder type or encryption.

DSD+ can determine if a P25 or DMR is encrypted because of information in a published specification. So DSD+ can decode the information and mute encrypted transmissions.

73 Eric

boland191

Ok thanks again can anyone else confirm if this is encryption? I've found a setting in dsd+ to lock out encrypted voice so next time the channel is active will play with this setting is there any other settings anyone can recommend? I've tried band with and stuff as well

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Ok thanks again can anyone else confirm if this is encryption? I've found a setting in dsd+ to lock out encrypted voice so next time the channel is active will play with this setting is there any other settings anyone can recommend? I've tried band with and stuff as well

The youtube clip definitely sounds like Encryption, so you should be good to lock-out that talkgroup. However, DSD+ cannot detect Provoice/Aegis Encryption, so you have to manually lock out each Encrypted talkgroup. DSD+ will auto-detect (and auto-mute) encrypted calls on DMR or P-25 systems. However, AFAIK Provoice/Aegis have no encryption status bit, so there is nothing to be detected. Does that make sense?

Also FYI one critical caveat: make sure you're getting good reception! In my experience provoice calls on a system with weak reception sound somewhat similar to Encryption, and as noted earlier you can only identify Provoice/Aegis Encryption by listening for 100% garbled audio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.