DSD+ Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I am running DSD+ on a DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO) system, when I play back the wav file I see the date and time, also the Slot 1,2. Also it shows the CC Channel, Is there a way to have the program also show the Group and id's information, thanks for any information.
Steve

RonnieUSA

I am running DSD+ on a DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO) system, when I play back the wav file I see the date and time, also the Slot 1,2. Also it shows the CC Channel, Is there a way to have the program also show the Group and id's information, thanks for any information.
Steve

-v4 will do it.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
-v4

-v4 will do it.

I started DSD+

DSD -fn -v4 and when I check the Wav file I see

2014/04/06 17:11:51
-DMR CC=9 SLOT 2
I see no Id's or TalkGroups
This is a DMR Motorola Capacity Plus (TRBO) system

When I decode a DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) system
starting DSD+
DSD -fr
I see the talkgroups and id's in the wav file

I wonder if this is a problem with VLC player
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Play Both Files

With VLC player select both the WAV file and the SRT file to play at the same time.

Yes I go to Media click on open Multiple files and select the wav file and srt file and it works, but I If you look in my post I get a lot of information but I was trying to get the Talkgroup and id to show up attached to the wav file when I pay it.

I get the Talkgroup and id's when I decode a P25 system
Steve

racingfan360

>If you look in my post I get a lot of information but I was trying to get the Talkgroup and id
DSD+ doesn't decode this information for DMR or NXDN...it only does this level of detail for P25

Have a search for DMRDecode - it will give you this information.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
info

>If you look in my post I get a lot of information but I was trying to get the Talkgroup and id
DSD+ doesn't decode this information for DMR or NXDN...it only does this level of detail for P25

Have a search for DMRDecode - it will give you this information.

I thank you for the information, I see there is no way to get this extra info when you play the wav file so I will stop trying.
Steve

br0adband

You won't get the textual info (TGIDs) showing up in a plain old audio player, no, but VLC or even MPC-HC can play the wav file you created and they should automagically load the .srt file (it's a standard subtitle format text file, however there are many different types of subtitle files, that one is the most common) and hence when you play the audio file in a proper media player (not just something for audio) you will get a display of the textual info from the .srt file.

DSD+ doesn't offer the option itself to show talkgroup info for DMR/MOTOTRBO or NXDN systems, perhaps in the future it might happen if the author of the program has intentions to release updates (at least that's what all of us hope he/she will do, pretty please) and take our requests for additional features such as displaying more information for these other systems.

P25 is so well established and known over the past 15 years or so that it's somewhat easy for devs to work with in terms of decoding things, but DMR/MOTOTBRO and NXDN and some other newer digital protocols are still not nearly as popular or well supported.

You can do what you're hoping to do, you just can't do it with DSD+ as the playback device, you have to use the default recordings that DSD+ makes and then play them back with either VLC or MPC-HC (I prefer MPC-HC myself but YMMV).

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Great Informatiom

You won't get the textual info (TGIDs) showing up in a plain old audio player, no, but VLC or even MPC-HC can play the wav file you created and they should automagically load the .srt file (it's a standard subtitle format text file, however there are many different types of subtitle files, that one is the most common) and hence when you play the audio file in a proper media player (not just something for audio) you will get a display of the textual info from the .srt file.

DSD+ doesn't offer the option itself to show talkgroup info for DMR/MOTOTRBO or NXDN systems, perhaps in the future it might happen if the author of the program has intentions to release updates (at least that's what all of us hope he/she will do, pretty please) and take our requests for additional features such as displaying more information for these other systems.

P25 is so well established and known over the past 15 years or so that it's somewhat easy for devs to work with in terms of decoding things, but DMR/MOTOTBRO and NXDN and some other newer digital protocols are still not nearly as popular or well supported.

You can do what you're hoping to do, you just can't do it with DSD+ as the playback device, you have to use the default recordings that DSD+ makes and then play them back with either VLC or MPC-HC (I prefer MPC-HC myself but YMMV).

Thank you for the information, It's very clear now I am expecting something that the software is not capable of doing, maybe in the future this will be added to the software, also it would be a great addition if there was a way to lock out talkgroups and or id's, I use DMR DECODE and it would be nice if you could start DMR DECODE and you could have a text file with talkgroups and id's that would load with the program that would not show any talkgroups or ids that are in the file you load with DMR DECODE, anyway these are two great program that allow us to listen to so many digital system that you can not with a scanner radio listen to, it's great that these people are making these programs for everyone.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.