DSD+ - Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Grettings,
I check the "note" file in DSD+ to see if it is possible to record just a specific talk group. I do not see any mention if this is possible. Anyone know?

vince48

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Thanks slicerwidzard,
but this specific TG is not very active at all and the very few comm's i caught were...very interesting. So, sitting on it (hold) allday would be like whatching paint drying :)
I would rather not record a entire day or more of all the system activity, then sort through the TG's. If recording just one spcific TG can't be done, then I will have to wait and get lucky I suppose. I try and ask the DSD+ staff and see what they say.

Thanks for the reply thou

racingfan360

DSD+ Fastlane does allow for per-call mp3 recordings, and for talkgroup info to be added to the filename
-P<T|R|B><wav|mp3> Also create per-call wav or mp3 files <T|R|B>: add talkgroup, radio or both aliases to file names

In Windows File Explorer you can use the search function to only pick out those mp3 files with the TG text you're after, or I'm sure a simple windows .bat could be written to extract out/copy the ones of interest or delete those not of interest.

SaSal

Thanks slicerwidzard,
but this specific TG is not very active at all and the very few comm's i caught were...very interesting. So, sitting on it (hold) allday would be like whatching paint drying :)
I would rather not record a entire day or more of all the system activity, then sort through the TG's. If recording just one spcific TG can't be done, then I will have to wait and get lucky I suppose. I try and ask the DSD+ staff and see what they say.

Thanks for the reply thou
As said above per call - along with setting a lower Priority number - that way if if other traffic is happening when it does fire up it will get the focus and you will not miss recording it.

As also said above - a quick .bat file using built in robocopy and schedule it to run ever hour or so to either move the TG recordings to where you want - or remove/archive the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.