dsd software configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfsup28

Does anyone know how to modify the configuration for the Digital decoding Software (DSD)..i dont think there are instruction on how to do this...Still trying to get the dsd for windows working. All i can receive is choppy audio, on various Pc's.

I have read in the readme that there are several commands that u can be used but just wondering how u stop the program running to change or how u enter these commands...I have tried to stop it in windows terminal, but to no avail.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
This is the correct forum.

Type control-C to stop the program. Run it again with new parameters.

s62216

re The parameters can be found by typing dsd -h.

wear in dsd do i typ the comands wen i hav dsd started i cant typ anything into the window to get to the comands any help

thanks

ilgrant

You have to open a command window.

In XP...

Start - > Run
Type CMD and hit Enter

When the window opens you have to switch to the directory/folder that the program is in. To make it simple let's assume that the program, dsd.exe, is on your desktop.

Type CD DESKTOP and hit Enter.
Type dsd -h and hit Enter. You should get a listing of the various options to run the program.

To run with the defaults just type dsd and hit enter.
Press the Ctrl and C keys at the same time to end the program. The command window should stay open.

You can't type commands in once dsd is running. You have to hit Ctrl-C first.

Last edited:

s62216

re You have to open a command window.

how do i run a comand window in windows 7 64 bit to get to the comand opshions for dsd i dont have xp

any help thanks

SCPD

QRT
if you are trying to decode Provoice edit the bat file to only have what is in line listed below

dsd -fp

now if you execute the new bat it decodes better then the settings in Provoice bat file listed below
* this is the default bat file for provoice*

dsd -fp -u 10 -v 1

also try this bat file listed below

dsd -e -g 9 -w Provoice.wav -fp

this bat file records the audio to the dsdforwin directory the audio recorded is never snappy audio even
if the decoded audio coming out the soundcard/speakers is snappy/choppy decode there is somthing
wrong with alot of sound cards that cause the decoded audio to snappy/choppy coming out the speakers
now i am going to order a inline volume control to check other problems out

----this is just a little help junk----

surfsup28

DSD config

Hey guys, i did have trouble trying to configure dsd thr the terminal..i was trying to enter the dsdv2 but wouldnt let me..the original version dsdv1 would let me edit the parameters. silly me, im just a newbie to all the programming stuff.

But unfortunately, the dsd is still a little bit choppy...i can hear some conversations but its not clear. I did try to change a few of the parameters but they unfortunately did'nt do much...the main thing which did make a big difference was the adjustment of the line in or microphone input settigs.

hmmm was also trying to get it to to work on linux, but it seems to not want to install...

SCPD

QRT
Run an oscilloscope program to see the waveform. Adjust the recording level so the waveform mostly fills the screen without clipping the peaks and valleys.

mmisk

Thank you very much for command line suggestions.
As least now I am getting some audio, just very choppy but better then nothing.
I have a spare computer and a few old sound cards that I will try out in the next few days.
Will let you know the results.
Mike

JAMINRC

Premium Subscriber
I get choppy audio too. I have tried to figure out a way to scan only the voice channels, so I could see if another voice channel would come in better. I have frequency manager + scanner, but I don't know how to scan a select group of frequencies ( voice channels).

Boatanchor

For those of you having problems with choppy audio on P25 phase 1.
See my previous posts about forcing DSD to run in GFSK mode.

Yes, it should be C4FM, but GFSK works way better for some reason.
And this with both USB SDR dongles and Discriminator taps..

Have fun & learn how to edit the DSD batch file :)

Status
Not open for further replies.