Why does the program stop running and show this:

Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 9% slot0 [slot1] Slot idle
Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 9% [slot0] slot1 Slot idle
Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 9% slot0 [slot1] Slot idle
Sync: +DMR mod: GFSK inlvl: 9% [slot0] slot1 Slot idle
21811 [main] dsd 7844 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
123555 [main] dsd 7844 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to dsd.exe.stack
dump

I always come back to the computer and see this after letting it run and having it write to an audio file for later review. The TRBO system I monitor has very few communication traffic, unless a storm comes through and they need the utility people to go out into the field.
Thanks for any input anyone has,
Danny

edit: running XP Home edition service pack 3, Pentium 4, CPU: 2.2 GHz, 512 MB Ram

Last edited:

racingfan360

What command/setting are you using to start dsd.exe?
Also, are you running any other programs that utilise your sound card at the same time?
(I suspect the answer my be in the way you are trying to record decodes once the traffic comes through, that forces the crash)

Jim

n4yek

I use the command: dsd -w 1.wav or sometimes dsd -fr -w 1.wav
Either way it will do that after a little bit of time, I can't give you exact amount as I don't sit here waiting for it to happen.
It will happen and it is the only thing running.

racingfan360

ummmm.....let's perhaps rule out a few things: are you able to sucessfully create amb files from your decodes?

ie if you try:
dsd.exe -d folder
or
dsd.exe -xr -d folder

does that create a set of .amb files for any voice decoded on that TRBO channel?

instalol

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for bumping an ancient thread, but in case anyone finds this thread through Google (like i did):

There seems to be a bug in DSD that can cause it to crash after a certain amount of decoding if the -n switch (which is supposed to mute the audio when you're writing to a file) is set. Just run DSD without -n set and either mute it individually with the windows audio mixer or just turn your speakers off if you need to.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
It also depends on the version - 141 does this after a while. It also seems to work better on my local P25 system than newer builds do (although I haven't yet tried the very latest one - maybe tonight). So I wrote a batch file that looks like this:

:start
dsd141.exe -f1 -mc -u3 etc...
goto start

Now when it decides to crash, it simply picks right back up again and keeps on goin'. :D

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.