DSD+ TIII network not locking on voice channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

Using DSD+ v2.32 FL + FMP24 v2.19.
Using 4 modified batch files. -rc -rv modes
PPM value is calibrated

I've found a new TIII network to play around with in my area. It's a "L" network for a rail network. This is in process of switching from analog to digital.

This one area has 3 sites (or frequencies) (CC slot and 5 traffic slots)

Problem I'm having is when a call comes in, it appears in the DSD+ CC 'Channel Activity' window and is highlighted and starts flashing. FMP24 VC switches to the frequency and starts switching rapidly back and forth from frequency and park. DSD+ VC tries to decode voice but is choppy as it been cut off by FMP24 VC. The DSD+ VC event window is repeating 'Current site: L1-3.7 Location' and flashing its statusbar adding and removing DCC:0 from line as call is been received.

Other TIII "T" networks that I have in my list all function as expected.

I'm not sure if this issue may possibly lie with DSD+ or some kind of TIII variant.

I also tried a program I made that allows SDR# to trunk follow by interpreting DSD+ actions I got same result.

Cheers.

thewraith2008

OK.

A little bit more investigation into this and I have found that if I remove "-rv" from the DSD+ VC batch file, the network starts working as expected as far as the voice following and decoding goes.

The DSD+ VC 'Channel activity' window now starts populating with LCNs like the CC window.

Cheers.

thewraith2008

Record these files via DSD+ 'R' key, Yes.
What time length is required/preferred.
Send these to your Fast Lane email. Is sending via ZIP/ZAP OK.
I just wrote a simple program to synchronize start/stop for CC/VC recording. I was bored.
I'll have to wait until later as I'm lucky to get 8 seconds before they shut up and disappear.

Last edited:

wonky101

wraith,

I am having exactly the same trouble as you are on a new TIII rail network also (and I wonder if it is the same system - are you trying to monitor the new QR system in SE Qld.?).

I have contacted DSD so they aware of it. I have also this morning sent them some simultaneous CC and VC raw audio recordings, though the more they have the better.

I too also have the problems with multiple TIII systems and dsd identifying the correct system name you mention in thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/vo...6551-dsd-tiii-network-name-not-resolving.html

adcockfred

Yeah, throw me in the boat too. I have 3 revolving c.c. out of 6 v.c. So I just take the current c.c channel out of the v.c. fmp.scanlist file and scan the v.c. fmp
What to do ? Onward and upward !

Status
Not open for further replies.