DSD Windows and the HomePatrol raw audio data

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

Golden opportunity .... The HP1's baseband output is digital rather than analog.. If someone could develop a small app to convert the data back to analog and feed it to the soundcard input, or come up with a patch to feed it directly into DSD, it sure would win the gratitude of a bunch of HP1 owners. Rfaricy was working on a serial conversion app, but ran into a dead end... (My experience with Assembler for the IBM 360 and MS QuickBasic leaves me out in the cold for this task - there was a reason I opted for the operations side of things oh so many years ago:D)

gs8b245

Golden opportunity .... The HP1's baseband output is digital rather than analog.. If someone could develop a small app to convert the data back to analog and feed it to the soundcard input, or come up with a patch to feed it directly into DSD, it sure would win the gratitude of a bunch of HP1 owners. Rfaricy was working on a serial conversion app, but ran into a dead end... (My experience with Assembler for the IBM 360 and MS QuickBasic leaves me out in the cold for this task - there was a reason I opted for the operations side of things oh so many years ago:D)

oh i know that i just wanted to have one so that i can listen while i play with dsd application. im still working on the dsd ill have to have a person at a repair shop solder the test points for the cp11 and cp1 so that i have the raw audio to do the decodeing. plus i heard its good to have second radio any way thats digital it will provide information that i may need for the icom as well when i start doing that. i cant solder the connections im just not steady enough any more to trust my self to do that so thats why.

gs8b245

uniden home patrol - 1 is the best i could find

the HP-1 is the best i could find in digital scanner but its not to replace the icom and use of the dsd its going to be used for information and listening as well i want both working, i just had the itch to get the HP-1 as well.

you know how that itch get's you some times you just got to have it.

gs8b245

ill give it a go

oh i know that i just wanted to have one so that i can listen while i play with dsd application. im still working on the dsd ill have to have a person at a repair shop solder the test points for the cp11 and cp1 so that i have the raw audio to do the decodeing. plus i heard its good to have second radio any way thats digital it will provide information that i may need for the icom as well when i start doing that. i cant solder the connections im just not steady enough any more to trust my self to do that so thats why.

ill see what i can do programming is some what a thing left over by my former career ill see if i can do it and maybe i can do it. ill sure give it a try.

because of the filters on the IC-r20 i have and also its very hard to get a IC-R20-11 very hard. just dont want to attempt to solder on it ill have that done professionaly i cant do it with out trimbling and thats bad for some thing that nice. but ill give it a try.

gs8b245

the filters on the audio are giveing me a issue on the decodeing with dsd thats where i am at for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.