DSD with DMR Filter - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredscana

Mail

Hello, sorry for "spamming" this thread, but up to now i didn't receive any mail with the new DSD :(

And someone from Poland asked me to send him, but i regret to answer him that i don't have it...
(he told me that he tried to post here (but maybe not moderated yet?)

(but i can post his @l adress here if he wants)

Thank you for attention .

D

DaveNF2G

Perhaps everyone should re-read the OP. You are supposed to send him a Private Message with your request.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Why doesn't someone use a file hosting site to provide this file? That way those who cannot PM (or use Gmail) can get it and try it.

Fredscana

Pm

Hello;
Once again, i have to say: i can NOT send a pm to another member (i wonder why? do i have to live in the U.S. ? ) or upgrade my membership ?

If someone can help (once again), send me a link, to my email

fredpixl@live.fr

D

DaveNF2G

Are there RR.com users who cannot use the PM feature for some reason?

D

DaveNF2G

Ahh, I get it. It seems likely that some of us who might request PMs for certain things might not be aware of this limitation. Now we know.

Fredscana

Okay, sorry , i understand.. but even those who can send message will have to receive the exe via email?
so the problem remains if they are on gmail (and maybe hotmail?)

i give you a different one, as i previously gave a .live adress; the new one :

fredem06@free.fr

Many thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
In my limited testing, using the filter ( -ff ) results in a huge improvement in decode quality on weak signals. Signals for which I could barely make out a word without the filter usually come in very clearly with the filter enabled. If I have DMRDecode running side by side, DMRDecode will show 100% errors on such a weak signal -- but DSD will actually be decoding the audio very well on that same signal.

Very nice job.

On another note, I notice that when this version is run it announces that it provides P25 filtering as well. In my experience [on an LSM system], if I turn the filter on it makes a system already plagued with multipath distortion totally uncopyable. So I'm not sure this particular filter is good for P25.

But I can definitely say it's superb at cleaning up weak DMR signals.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Just an FYI. I put the dsd.zip file (that was sent to me by Woodpecker) on my website. I scanned it with multiple virus scanners. It appears to be clean. I have used it [and continue to use it] with no ill effect.

With that said, if you download this program from my site, do so at your own risk. It's a binary EXE (for Windows) and so I simply trust that it was provided to me in safe fashion. If you execute it and horrible things happen, that's all on you. Don't blame me.

Since source code was not sent to me, I suppose that means Linux users are out of luck at this time.

Index of /dsd

Also watch for any possible newer release by Woodpecker here. I don't monitor this thread very often. So if he updates it, then his newer version is going to supercede what I have posted on my site.

Somebody probably should upload this to a place where it can be available long term. I'm not going to, but someone else might be a nice guy or gal and do it.

Mike

Last edited:
OK,,so i done DL'd the EXE,,but im getting a cygwin1 error,,missing or corrupt..

anyone else experiencing this issue?

i dl'd the file,,added it to the folder that the exe is in,,window opens,,the crashes
just as fast...

dogpatch

Premium Subscriber
Filter version more accurate at low levels

Hi,
I downloaded the filter version yesterday and it decodes C4FM at noticable lower RF levels than the standard windows version. On a R2670B service monitor I have similar Bit Error Rates at 0.7 microvolts on the filter version as I do at 2.0 microvolts on the standard version.
The date on the file was 3-12-2012 and it was 188KB. I was using a Pro-2051 scanner on 167.5000 Mhz. Input levels were around 28%.

paul

I had the same crash of the newer DSD - looking for cygwin1.dll.
Copy and Paste the dll from original DSD for Windows folder to the new folder and new DSD version works.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi,
I downloaded the filter version yesterday and it decodes C4FM at noticable lower RF levels than the standard windows version. On a R2670B service monitor I have similar Bit Error Rates at 0.7 microvolts on the filter version as I do at 2.0 microvolts on the standard version.
The date on the file was 3-12-2012 and it was 188KB. I was using a Pro-2051 scanner on 167.5000 Mhz. Input levels were around 28%.

That's an amazing improvement. I was testing it with a P25 simulcast system. I'll attempt to test it on a C4FM and see if I notice improvement on weak voice traffic.

Mike

dogpatch

Premium Subscriber
Filtered version more sensitive

That's an amazing improvement. I was testing it with a P25 simulcast system. I'll attempt to test it on a C4FM and see if I notice improvement on weak voice traffic.

Mike

I've been using the filtered version on our 800 Mhz Smartzone (simulcast) trunked system and a federal VHF conventional repeater system. It seems to work equally well on both. Simulcast phase distortion on the trunked system does affect the quality but not much more than my 996XT. I haven't noticed a difference between the regular and filtered version in respect to phase distortion but I haven't had much time to compare. Also, I think the -ff option is on by default. I messed around with options but found it works the same by just running dsd.exe with no options for P25 phase 1.

racingfan360

Does anyone know if woodpecker is still active on this group?...he doesn't seem to respond to emails or pms

I'd like to get hold of the c code for this DSD filter, but try integrating into an ubuntu installation (not windows). Can anyone else help maybe?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.