DSD with DMR Filter - Testers Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Dear all,

I have coded in a 256 pole high performance square root raised filter to comply with the DMR spec, I am seeing massive improvements with DMR decoding, it is ready to run in windows, if you would like to test it please PM me your email address.

I am undecided how many poles the filter should have, this number gives a corner frequency of 3150Hz and a flat passband to 2880Hz, as recommended by the DMR spec. If this causes performance issues then a lower order filter will most likely yield very good results with less processing. It runs fine on a core i7, would like to know how it works on some lower spec cpus.

To use the filter I have added a new switch -ff which decodes DMR only with high performance filter.

ie run with:-

dsd -ff -mg (-xr if you need to invert)

Fredscana

Dsd

Hello, i can't have access for sending you a PM;

I'm interested by your DSD version, i tried the previous versions on ubuntu & win, with some results but i cannot get improvement on audio quality, i still have interruptions during the communications (to be more precise, the audio is good on the first second, but the audio becomes unstable until the end...

It would be cool for me to try your version and give my experience about it;

Thanks, bye

mrscanner2008

Premium Subscriber
I`m interested in testing your Filter, I have plenty of TRBO system in my area.

thanks

jakkemate

Hi, I am interesting in your version and i have got a TRBO repeater at 300 meters of my antenna.
Thank´s

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I would love to try the new version of DSD I have tones of trbo around me. Thanks for the opportunity to test your new version.

Thanks Again,
Bob

r00ty

Likewise I cannot PM. I have a fair number of DMR stations in my range, and I have a nice clean connection to a 9.6k packet socket. So I'd definitely like to have a look-see and see if it improves things.

My CPU is a slightly more old school core2duo (clocked to 2.88Ghz).

Not sure if we should put our email addresses here, or not. So, if you can, let me (and I guess the rest of us) know how we could obtain it.

Thanks.

D

DaveNF2G

Definite improvement in MotoTRBO decoding. No errors at all when the stations are sending plain data. Very few errors during voice traffic.

grosminet

a fake or a stupid joke

is this DMR improvement a fake or a stupid joke ? No answer from author here and in PM

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Apparently the author is being selective, apparently Dave is special, and apparently the rest of us aren't so special.

Mike

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Apparently I'm special too. :D

Honestly I'm not noticing a great deal of improvement on the three setups I've tried this on, but all three had very good DMR decode to begin with. I am monitoring 3 different conventional frequencies used by our regional electrical utility company.

woodpecker

Apparently the author is being selective, apparently Dave is special, and apparently the rest of us aren't so special.

Mike

Not selective just busy, everyone who has PMd should now have a copy, only one person who sent a gmail account should not have it as it bounced.

If I've missed anyone just PM or anyone who has it can post it for download wherever they see fit...

The last one I sent was 1.5.1, I've since improved (I think) the demodulator slightly by setting the mid thresholds using medians rather than averages.

I've been busy with r00tys help trying to get some dstar going, r00ty has got the headers pretty much sorted and I am trying to get some voice out of it.

Anyone got a good dPMR sample? Might have a go at that...

woodpecker

Apparently I'm special too. :D

Honestly I'm not noticing a great deal of improvement on the three setups I've tried this on, but all three had very good DMR decode to begin with. I am monitoring 3 different conventional frequencies used by our regional electrical utility company.

That's what I would expect, you'll notice the difference more on weak signals, I can now get marginal decode on signals just visible above the noise floor and anything about 10db above the floor decodes pretty well.

PS gmail bounces the emails due to exe in a zip attachment, so did someones .ca email as well

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
That's what I would expect, you'll notice the difference more on weak signals, I can now get marginal decode on signals just visible above the noise floor and anything about 10db above the floor decodes pretty well.

PS gmail bounces the emails due to exe in a zip attachment, so did someones .ca email as well

Ah ok. I'll give it a whirl on a few weaker signals and report back. I'm using a marginal antenna system at work which may render those signals too weak to decode at all, and at home they're pretty strong.

I was hoping this thread would morph into a place where testers could report their findings; hopefully that will be the case.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
I've been busy with r00tys help trying to get some dstar going, r00ty has got the headers pretty much sorted and I am trying to get some voice out of it.

Anyone got a good dPMR sample? Might have a go at that...

Around here there is DMR (business and ham), P25 3600 and 9600 (VIPER statewide trunking), P25 ham activity, ProVoice, and D-Star. I should be able to test about anything.

I have the DSD-ff test up and running, waiting for some activity. Quiet night on the repeaters here.

Fredscana

Mail

Hello again;
Can't wait to try it !
I have several dmrs, most of them with medium reception

Please e-mail me at: fredpixlr@live.fr

II hope hotmail doesn't reject it ...

Have a good day all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.