DSD+ with dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I am running into an issue trying to decode using DSD+ with a Nooelec R820t dongle. I am using Xp and have a strong signal on a Trbo channel. When using the same computer with a tapped scanner it decodes perfect. I have my output set to virtual audio cable and the dsd input shows virtual audio cable and output my computer sound. The dsd shows its hearing the signal but all I get is ERR and the lvl jumps from 14% to 35% and sometimes 45%. Now when I open the DSD 1.6 with the trbo extension It starts to decode but only gets SLOT 1, I never see SLOT 2 show up and the decode is illegible audio. So if anyone has time to help a newbie out I would appreciate it. I also want to use the dongle to listen to P25.

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
nermel- I tried using the DSD+ and I get nothing, not even a peep. I also use vb already. I was saying that with dsd+ Im getting nothing. with dsd 1.6 I at least have it trying to decode but only showing slot 1 nothing with slot 2.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well.... two things come to mind. There might only be traffic on slot 1 and nothing on 2. And perhaps they are using privacy, which would explain the garbled audio.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Nevermind... my bad. I see you said it decodes fine using a tapped scanner.

I too have had issues with Virtual Audio Cable with SDR#, DSD+ etc etc. I've found that VB-Audio cable seems to work better for me (VB-Audio Virtual Cable). Maybe give that a try?

jasonhouk

Hello, I am running into an issue trying to decode using DSD+ with a Nooelec R820t dongle. I am using Xp and have a strong signal on a Trbo channel. When using the same computer with a tapped scanner it decodes perfect. I have my output set to virtual audio cable and the dsd input shows virtual audio cable and output my computer sound. The dsd shows its hearing the signal but all I get is ERR and the lvl jumps from 14% to 35% and sometimes 45%. Now when I open the DSD 1.6 with the trbo extension It starts to decode but only gets SLOT 1, I never see SLOT 2 show up and the decode is illegible audio. So if anyone has time to help a newbie out I would appreciate it. I also want to use the dongle to listen to P25.

What are the computer specs? I'm thinking running XP it might be an older system.

Status
Not open for further replies.