DSD+ with tapped scanner

JDscannerfan

Feed Provider
So now that I have SDRs working I was trying to use my old scanners that I have tapped. I have been trying with CC and have it set for the input of my mic and output to my speakers. Everything looks be running but I have no audio. Do I need to be running any other DSD files so I can hear audio?

racingfan360

You won't get audio on a CC-only channel. When you use an SDR with FMP24, put simply it will take the information from the CC data and re-tune the SDR to a channel where there is a call (that's the trunk-tracking bit). With a scanner it can't do that. For audio with a scanner you'd have to scan the known voice channels and feed that into DSD+. But it wont trunk track. Tapped scanners are really good with DSD+ for scanning/monitorig convetional systems.

JDscannerfan

Feed Provider
You won't get audio on a CC-only channel. When you use an SDR with FMP24, put simply it will take the information from the CC data and re-tune the SDR to a channel where there is a call (that's the trunk-tracking bit). With a scanner it can't do that. For audio with a scanner you'd have to scan the known voice channels and feed that into DSD+. But it wont trunk track. Tapped scanners are really good with DSD+ for scanning/monitorig convetional systems.
Oh okay, thanks for the reply. I'll stick with SDRs haha.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Using DSD+ with external signal sources

DSD+ can be used with external signal sources such as a properly discriminator-tapped receiver
or SDR software such as SDR#. To use DSD+ with these sources, use the menus in DSD+ to
select Passive Digital Monitor mode and then to select the audio input device that carries
the digital audio signal. When running in this mode, DSD+ can be used to monitor conventional
analog and supported digital signals; DSD+ will not directly support trunk tracking.