dsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3JSO

i am not to sure if this is the right place to ask but i am trying the new windows port dsd so i can listen to mototrbo for the sarnia area and maybe provoice in chattam kent area if i am near there in the future and i am not to sure if i had downloaed the right version and i don't really know what i need to do with this program here is what i see

Last edited:

VE3JSO

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to set this program up for mototrbo and if I need to download another program as well when I type in the cmd box that pop up it won't let me

scanphreak

first off don't just click on the dsd.exe file in the folder. You'll need to run cmd from Start>Run type CMD and click ok. Once you have the dos prompt up you'll need to type the path to dsd.exe or even easier, move it from the folder to the c drive root folder. so when you bring up cmd all you'll have to type is dsd to launch it.

Now here's the thing, don't just type dsd at the prompt or it's going to do exactly what you have already on your screen. You need to type 'dsd' for the command and then there are several switches after the dsd command to do what you want it to do.

typing dsd -h will give you a list of commands (switches) and what they are used for.

type dsd -i -fp will launch dsd to receive provoice only
type dsd -i -fr will launch dsd to receive MotoTRBO only.

and so forth. The link to the commands/switches are here:
http://forums.radioreference.com/di...70-list-dsd-startup-parameters-arguments.html

Print those out so you'll have them handy any time you need to change something with dsd you'll have them right there without having to type dsd -h all the time for that list to popup. Once you've selected the correct commands/switches when ever it picks up audio you'll see a bunch of stuff scroll up the screen showing you details about the data coming across and any errors. Once you start to play with it it'll become easier to understand.

just remember... dsd (then your options) (press enter)

Status
Not open for further replies.