DSDPlus DSDfastlane two rtl setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfsup28

Hi guys, im just wondering what the benefits are (using the newest version of fastlane) by using two rtl dongles instead of one. I know i can decode fastlane by using just one rtl dongle, 1r and fmp24 works fine, but cant seem to get audio by using two rtl dongles using the two dongle method. The decoding visual seems to be ok but not exactly sure if the vc is working properly.
Is there a good tutorial on how to setup the most current FL or the DSDPlusUI. im not exactly sure which bat.files to run.
thanks

thewraith2008

Will show all call activity and other information sent on CC that DSD+ can display.
Will allow priorities to function better because it is always monitoring the CC. It can end an existing call to favor one that you have set with higher priority.

With single receiver, if it moves to a VC (which is not same as CC), it will not see the new call setup information while away from CC.

And probably a few more additional benefits as well.

surfsup28

Will show all call activity and other information sent on CC that DSD+ can display.
Will allow priorities to function better because it is always monitoring the CC. It can end an existing call to favor one that you have set with higher priority.

With single receiver, if it moves to a VC (which is not same as CC), it will not see the new call setup information while away from CC.

And probably a few more additional benefits as well.

ok thanks mate. i appreciate the info.
I did eventually make it work but after some trial and error with the startup sequence of the bat files. maybe a bug or something. or they have to be started in a specific way...

n6hww

ok thanks mate. i appreciate the info.
I did eventually make it work but after some trial and error with the startup sequence of the bat files. maybe a bug or something. or they have to be started in a specific way...

Did you ever find a good tutorial on how to setup two rtl dongles? I'm a newbie and would like to explore how to set it up before embarrassing myself on the forum :)

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
Did you ever find a good tutorial on how to setup two rtl dongles? I'm a newbie and would like to explore how to set it up before embarrassing myself on the forum :)
There are several TXT files in your DSDPlus folder that you should read. It has all of your answers. There are also example batch files to get you started. For two dongles the ones you will use are CC.BAT, VC.BAT, FMP24-CC.BAT, and FMP24-VC.bat

n6hww

I only see one text file in the DSDPlus folder: notes.txt. I read through the first part, which outlines functionality. The rest is a monster change log. Is there a reference document?

Reading through a change log from the bottom to the top without any context of the problems and features being added isn't optimal.

n6hww

@rlmurray56

Ahh, I was looking the wrong directory. Typical newbie ;)!

I found what amount to man pages for each of the programs. Is there an architectural document of how all the pieces fit together? Are there threads that goes through use cases? All pointers to information is greatly appreciated:giggle:.

musicman476

RR DB Admin
Database Admin
John's page helped me get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.