DSDPlus 1.101 Hold Call Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

freska2x

I got DSDPlus to monitor a NEXEDGE48 system, but when the system cycles to an interesting call and I press the <Spacebar> to hold it on the CC Channel Monitor, the current highlighted frequency the call is on goes out immediately even though the call is still active, but if I hit the <Spacebar> again and the hold is cancelled, the audio resumes. It is very annoying!

Is this a bug in 1.101?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Could be. 1.101 is years old. There is a good chance that If it is a bug, that it is no longer a bug in the latest Fast Lane version. Only way to tel is to get the latest Fast Lane version.

Mike

freska2x

Definitely not, as pressing the space bar would cause the message "Holding on TG XX" and pressing it again would result in "Hold released" but what I noticed is that it on initial press, the call would drop due to a frequency change. It is only if a second transmission occurs that the hold starts to work, in other words it only retune to the correct frequency if another call is made.

That is not all, I also noticed that the hold is not directed at the talk group in general, but a source and destination pair. Say the hold was done with between Radio A and Talk Group X. If another transmission comes in this time with Radio B and Talk Group X, the hold would not tune to that frequency. It would only accept the same pair; Radio A and Talk Group X.

I am not if this is by design or a bug and whether this has been solved in the latest paid version? I would like to lock on to a particular talk group and have it tune regardless of which radio is transmitting to that talk group.

freska2x

I will buy it and try it out, do you know how long they usually take to respond with my download link after I send them payment thru paypal?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I will buy it and try it out, do you know how long they usually take to respond with my download link after I send them payment thru paypal?
Normally within a day or two. It will not be _immediate_. It's not automated. Make sure that when you send your payment that you also include your email address in the note section if your email address is different than your Paypal email address.

And depending upon whose mail system you use for mail, you should keep an eye on both your Inbox and your Spam/Junk folder -- and if anything comees in from DSDPlus and ends up in your Spam/Junk folder, make sure to whitelist it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.