DSDPlus DSDPlus 2.268 RSP1A Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Having issues with my RSP1A since I upgraded to 2.268.

FMPP 1.15 is reporting "This copy of FMPP is designed for SDRPlay Service v3.07 only, but SDRPlay API Service v3.07 was not detected" and then I get an error that my SDRPLay device is not present or already in use.

I've checked my Windows Services and it shows SDRplay API Service (v3.07) is started so I'm not sure why FMPP is having difficulties finding it.

Any suggestions?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
FMPP 1.15 is reporting "This copy of FMPP is designed for SDRPlay Service v3.07 only, but SDRPlay API Service v3.07 was not detected" and then I get an error that my SDRPLay device is not present or already in use.

This was discussed here too. Maybe that is a similar issue.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
That was an issue with the older 3.06 API. As I've already stated, the 3.07 API is already up and running but DSDPlus does not recognize it.

Reverting back to an older FMPP and the 3.06 API seems to fix the issue.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay wasn't sure if the DLL update was missed, just thought I'd mention it in case you missed it.

slicerwizard

Sounds like you don't have the 3.07 sdrplay_api.dll file in your DSD+ folder. It was part of the last update and is also in the base files download.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Taking the sdrplay_api.dll file from the 2p268 or baseline distribution and copying it to my dsdplus directory still results in the above error.

I've tried on two computers and they both did the same.

I've created a new directory, extracted the baseline files to it and extracted the 2p268 to it overwriting the older files. Running fmpp results in the same error.

I tried copying my fmpp.cfg for from my normal dsdplus directory and it still fails.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Got it working. Had to download and install the api/hwdriver package from the sdrplay website before it would work.

thedutydoctor

Premium Subscriber
Got it working. Had to download and install the api/hwdriver package from the sdrplay website before it would work.
mikewazowsku - not had the map part of the DSD + running yet, what does the map show? is it like the conventional CAD system with location?

Thanks, thedutydoctor...

Ive tried to sift through this but im not quite tech savvy enough...I am also getting the same error EXCEPT " This copy of FMPP is designed for SDRPlay Service v3.06 only, but SDRPlay API Service v3.06 was not detected"...3.06 NOT 3.07

notes
- I am using the latest fastlane...i believe
- I also downgraded my sdrplay 3.07 to 3.06 and error #1 went away...error #2 remains no matter what.
- I WAS using an RTL dongle before today no problem...upgraded to an RSP1A
- lastly...1R shows "TCP connect error"

Thoughts?

**UPDATE**
It almost appears to work even with the initial 3.06 error.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.