DSDPlus 2.390 Fast Lane FMPA-CC Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
Hi Group,

I am having issues attempting to run DSDPlus 2.390 Fast Lane with a single Airspy R2. I have updated the FMPA.cfg to include the serial number of the Airspy R2, per the instructions. After loading the 1R DSD batch file, I attempt to load the FMPA-CC batch file, but receive the following error shown below. I have confirmed in the .CFG file that the sampling rate is set at 2.5, which I have also pasted beneath the FMPA-CC error. I've tried FMPA 1p02 and FMPA 2p7, both produce the same error. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thank you!

C:\DSDPlus>FMPA -rc -i1 -o20001 -f935.0
FMPA rev 1.02t

Sampling rate must be 2.5 or 10
Error processing config file (FMPA.cfg)

FMPA.CFG setup (I have tried adding a prevailing 0 in the Airspy S/N number as well, as I read that might help, no joy either):

260868C82A2A6D9B ; Airspy and Airspy Mini serial number list
2.5 ; sampling rate (not used at this time)
1024 ; spectrum window width
64 ; FFT size (16k, 32k, 64k)
10 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
5000 -6250 7500 12500 15000 25000 100000 ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
. ; DSD+ path
.\FMPA-FreqList.csv ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\FMPA-FreqList2.csv ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
miles ; miles or kilometers
99.9 ; search distance
19.7163 -155.6241 ; search origin

Reconrider

If you look in the notes or fmpa.txt file they should have examples for you. You also will need dsdplus.exe

I don’t think my airspy serial is n in the config file since I’m able to use 2 airspy devices for 2different systems with 1R.

slicerwizard

Your FMPA.exe file seems to be very old / out of date. Use the DSD+ misc menu to download up to date base files. Extract all EXE and DLL files from the base files zipfile to your DSD+ folder.

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
Your FMPA.exe file seems to be very old / out of date. Use the DSD+ misc menu to download up to date base files. Extract all EXE and DLL files from the base files zipfile to your DSD+ folder.

Slicer, thank you, that was it! Not entirely sure how I ended up with such an old version of FMPA.exe file, I only recently began my DSD + Fastlane endeavor from scratch a few days ago. Originally, I downloaded the DSD+ 1.101 program from the downloads section, then extracted the purchased Fastlane files with WinRAR to the same C:\DSDPlus folder, giving Windows permission to replace files as needed. I then updated my R2 s/n in the FMPA.cfg file.

Following Slicer's suggestion, I updated FMPA.exe via the FMPA2.7 link in the downloads section. I then re-entered my s/n in the new FMPA.cfg file. Next, an out of date airspy.dll file error presented, so I again went back to the purchased Fastlane compressed file folder, extracted that copy/version of airspy.dll to my C:\DSDPlus folder - which overwrote an airspy.dll file (went from 2015 to 2021 modify date). That was it, Bob's your Auntie, it now loads FMPA.exe perfectly! I did have to whitelist the app in Window's Firewall. Now to continue on with my setup journey..

Thank you slicerwizard and Reconrider for taking the time to lend some advice, it's sincerely appreciated!

- J

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
Good evening Group,

The weekend has again arrived, I'm back at working on getting DSD + Fastlane working to decode a local P25 Phase I system, but I have encountered another obstacle. I can't get FMPA to communicate with DSD, please see the screenshot below. I think this issue has to be something simple that I'm overlooking, but I haven't been able to find a resolution in the .TXT files, searching the RR forums, or watching YouTube videos. There isn't much out there specific to the Airspy/FMPA application, most of what info I've found is tailored for the RTL-SDRs. I modified the batch file for FMPA-CC to include the active CC, this is what is presently input: FMPA -rc -i1 -o20001 -f857.4625 Can someone help point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!

1658031647080.png

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
Good morning group,
You guys have saved the day yet again! First, PDXh0b0, I had tried using 1Ra.bat instead of 1R.bat, no luck there - it was giving me the same issue. However, it is now working, the issue was indeed what slicerwizard pointed out, my FMPA.exe file was too old. This is the 2nd time I've updated that particular .exe since purchasing/downloading the DSD + Fastlane package. When slicerwizard first advised my FMPA.exe was too old (after the creation of this thread, in response to my initial issue), I missed the part about using the program itself to download the updated base files. I instead went to the "download" section of the dsdplus.com and downloaded what I assumed was the most recent version of FMPA, 2.7 (see the screenshot below, that's what I used to update FMPA initially). I now know that is not the most recent version and will not work with the current iteration of DSD +. Also, thank you to BM82557, your screenshot helped illustrate exactly where I needed to go to get the updated file(s). I sincerely appreciate the help with this, I was at an absolute dead end last night. Now that I've got it working, I can begin to acquaint myself with actually using the program(s). Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

- J

1658066225563.png

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
Good morning again group,

Everything seems to be working perfectly! I am curious though, is there a way to stop the quick beep that happens any time a new group call is initiated and logged in the DSD+ 1R Event Log? I'm currently monitoring the Orange County, CA CCCS Countywide site, which abounds with ENC TG traffic. Every time those ENC group calls are logged, I get the beep. It sounds like the noise is being generated by the program itself, not something being demodulated from the tuner. Thanks in advance!

- J

APX6k

Premium Subscriber
That was it! I can't thank you enough, slicerwizard! I don't know how I missed that, I must have toggled every setting but that one trying to eliminate the beep.

- J

Status
Not open for further replies.