DSDPlus - Decode HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Greetings,
I'm trying out this fantastic program called DSDPlus. For the last 3 days i have tried in vain to get my local Motorola TRBO system to decode. All I get is voices transmission that I cannot recognize. The voices sounds digitize. I have read almost all the messages for DSD and DSDPlus. I have tried bat file for DMR, but still no decode.
I have used both PCR2500 and ARO5000 to monitor the frequency. I feel a bit helpless, Can someone get me pointed in the right direction?

Much appreciation for any effort.

vince48

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried DMRDecode? It should tell you if the DMR is encrypted or not..

racingfan360

vince48...so are you actually using a discriminator tapped scanner to feed DSDPlus? It's not clear form your post what you're using as the input. DSDPlus won't work by just feeding the earphone jack audio in.

vince48

Premium Subscriber
I’m using the packet output for the PSR2500, the AOR5000 has a discriminator out, but it might be filtered. Being new to this, the systems I’m trying to monitor might be encrypt.
I tried my PSR800 using the CCdump feature through the headphone jack, and I’m able to decode NXDN system. The DMR systems are still unable to monitor even using the PSR800

vince48

racingfan360

So DMRDecode will tell you if it is encrypted...look for "Privacy Enabled"

For group calls that don't have privacy enabled, you'll see something like:
Service Options : Non-emergency/No priority

With encryption/privacy it'll look like:
Service Options : Non-emergency/Privacy Enabled/No priority

Alternatively if you can use the record feature in DSDPlus (ie get DSDPlus running then press the "R" key) to record raw data when you see/hear voice being decoded, upload it and post a link then I can take a look to see whats going on

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.