DSDPlus Fast Lane Missing Voice Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear4Code7

I guess I have two different issues related to missing traffic:
  1. Most of the time, I have DSD Plus set to hold on a specific talkgroup and I pick up about 90% of the voice traffic. On the 10% of missed calls, FMP24 sits there showing idle on the console and a blank spectrum display. The DSD Plus folder never shows the traffic file getting created.

When I do receive voice traffic, it has excellent signal strength and the spectrum display shows the tuning perfectly centered. The voice event log shows very little if any errors.

2. When not holding on a talkgroup, the voice FMP24 process occasionally gets stuck on the last tuned channel despite the control channel indicating the voice assignment was released. Pressing the escape key in the FMP24 console window causes it to release the channel and start picking up the others.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
@Clear4Code7: Looks like they fixed the PA or combiner port on 506.65 – it's back up to strength comparable with the other channels, so at least that part of the problem should be resolved.

Clear4Code7

I'm not as familiar with NXDN, but isn't 506.65 shared across multiple towers? The FCC database shows it's used by Saddleback, Sierra, and Palos Verdes. Does that mean the channel assignments could be on any one of these towers?

Status
Not open for further replies.