DSDPlus FastLane 1.092 w/ Nexedge48

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
Board,

Trying to figure out this Nexedge System and not sure if it is Conventional or a Nexedge Trunk System. The Event Log I am getting is showing the following:

Group call; TG=65535 RID= 1001 (insert others as well) and [Radio Name]

Also as the different Channels are used, the RAN number Changes on the bottom of the Event Log Screen next to where it states "Nexedge48." 70 is Emergency Channel, 72 is a Operations Channel, etc.

I believe this is a Conventional System because there is no Control Channel, but the TG=65535 is throwing me off.

Please advises your thoughts,

fdnybuff18

DSDPlus

If there truly is no control channel, it has to be IDAS trunking or conventional. If DSD+ does not display IDAS, it has to be conventional. Group calls on a conventional NXDN channel is normal.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 65535 is likely used to talk to all users on the system at the same time.

chris

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus,

It displays Nexedge48 in bottom left corner and then a different RAN everytime a different channel is used next to it in the DSD+ Event Log. Weird thing is that I see no activity in the DSD+ Channel Activity window, making me think its conventional.

Thank you for your responses,

fdnybuff18

DSDPlus

DSDPlus,

It displays Nexedge48 in bottom left corner and then a different RAN everytime a different channel is used next to it in the DSD+ Event Log.
So each conventional channel is programmed with a different RAN. Does not sound unusual.

Weird thing is that I see no activity in the DSD+ Channel Activity window, making me think its conventional.
With conventional, there are no channel numbers for DSD+ to display or work with.

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus,

Thank you again for your help. So all signs point to this is being a conventional idas system, correct?

fdnybuff18

Status
Not open for further replies.