DSDPlus FastLane 1.092 w/ Nexedge48

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfsup28

Hi guys, ive just got the trunking working ok, but cant seem to get the voice output to work properly. All the windows seem to come up and scroll fine and have tried various ways of editing the bat files, but unfortunately to no avail. Is there something in the virtual cables i need to check before i can hear anything ?

wonky101

On the FMP window, have you pushed the letter 'v' to put it into voice following mode?

If you are using 1.92, no need for virtual audio cables now, it is done by TCP...

surfsup28

Hi Wonky101, hi mate, thanks for your reply...im not really sure how the tcps operate....i have got it working with virtual cables but i think i had insufficient voice channel information...have since tried new sites, they do work but not sure how correctly.

As for the TCP, how would i enter them ?...would you be able to give me a quick giude on how to set up my TCP's ? i did see one number there somewhere but deleted it.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
It's all in the readme file that comes with 1.092. Basically use a TCP port number in place of the audio device number. So you could use '7777' for example. Check the readme, it'll help you out.

slicerwizard

Hi guys, ive just got the trunking working ok, but cant seem to get the voice output to work properly. All the windows seem to come up and scroll fine and have tried various ways of editing the bat files, but unfortunately to no avail. Is there something in the virtual cables i need to check before i can hear anything ?
The VC copy of DSD+ has to output audio to your PC speakers. DSD+ defaults to output device #1; if that's not your speakers, you'll have to edit the VC.bat file and add -o# where # is the correct device number. Having written that, presumably, you've been using DSD+ for a while and have been getting speaker audio out of it, so you likely know how to get audio out of DSD+ already.

Your problem description is rather vague - is the CC copy of DSD+ displaying all voice channel frequencies correctly? Is FMP tuning to those voice frequencies? Does the VC copy of DSD+ display corresponding voice call activity?

surfsup28

Hi guys and thanks for your replies....

I since have got the decoding working well with the virtual cables. But i just wasnt sure how to find out what numbers my tcps were using so i could enter them into the appropriate fields. Im sure its quite simple to do but not having an understanding of tcps makes it difficult.

more (google) research needed to understand tcps i guess.

thanks again

DSDPlus

To use TCP instead of virtual cables with FMP and DSD+, you just pick a TCP port number to use for each link. The supplied batch files are already configured to use port 20001 for the CC side and port 20002 for the VC side. The only action you have to take is to ensure that the Windows firewall is not blocking FMP's use of those ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.