DSDPlus Fastlane 2.268 discriminator output...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pindrop

Hello, trying to figure out how to get the discriminator output (DO) from an AOR5000+3 connected to DSDPlus Fastlane 2.268. The AOR5000+3 has a build in DO. Used a 8-pin mini din cable ( prebuilt 8 pin mini male to male cable, cut it in half and used one end) with 1/8th mono jack plug (3.5mm mono 2 pole male plug to bare wire replacement audio cable) connected to the line in of an external Sound Blaster Omni soundcard. I used the ground pin 8 and detector output pin 2 from the ACC1 on the front panel as per the manual. I temporarily fasten the ground pin 8 and detector output 2 to the respective connections on the 1/8 mono jack plug connector audio cable repair (wiring diagram: PIN 1 - red wire is mono audio; PIN 2 - black wire is ground ).

I currently have a running configuration with DSDPlus and FMPA in trunking mode and DSDPlus and SDRSharp for conventional scanning. However, i have double checked the configurations on DSDPlus and the batch file (DSDPlus -rp -i1 -03 -f1). It is being recognized by DSDPlus as correct. Sound card panel shows them as correct also. I am getting a signal as per the DSDPlus+ Source window. However, when i receive a P25 signal it does not decode.

I have tried various configuration with the batch file omitting some of the variables and even attached the ground pin 6 (high audio output) and ground pin 7 (low level output). I had read that AOR had updated the ACC 1 pin configurations and updated squelch, but not for the AOR 5000+3. Is it possible that DSDPlus is not compatible with the AOR 5000+3? I may be missing something that i do not understand however. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best Regards, pindrop

P.S. I have been trying for several years if you can believe that to use the DO from the AOR 5000+3 and have not figured it out. I always go back and revisited the issue with no luck. I guess i am stubborn. I hate to see my AOR 5000+3 not being utilized as it should be. I mostly used it for Satcom, it gets pretty boring very quickly. Do not speak Portuguese.

Parts Utilized: https://www.amazon.com/Fancasee-Rep...s=1/8th+mono+audio+jack&qid=1604515294&sr=8-4 and https://www.amazon.com/Pin-Mini-Mal...ds=8+pin+mini+din+cable&qid=1604516792&sr=8-6

slicerwizard

I would enable Source Audio / Overlay Eye Pattern - it's useful for debugging decoding issues - and I'd try toggling the DSD+ noise and shaping filters.

pindrop

Slicerwizard, I will try doing that, need to find out first where those features are in the DSDplus. Greatly appreciated, thank you..... Pindrop

pindrop

Slicerwizard and BM82557

I had originally posted the issue with the discriminator output on this section of the forum because it related to DSDPlus. However, I started to think if anyone had actually be able to get a working DO cable for the radio. Now, Eric Cottrel has offered to find a solution as well. I apologize sincerely to you guys. See attached forms. I do appreciate your help as well!

Attachments

• Decoding Overlay Eye Waveform.zip
    47.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Decoding Overlay Eye Waveform.zip
    47.7 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.