DSDPlus DSDPlus Fastlane assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

Can I use 1sdr with dsd+ (i haven't gotten my fastlane email yet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reconrider

I wouldn't mind, not your best choice, but I'll try when I get home tomorrow. Maybe someone else will coach you sooner.
I have no idea where to start. I don't have the fmp24 file yet because I don't have the FL email yet.
I'm guessing I have to enter the CC frequency of the trunk into the "dsd.frequency" file and then I'm good? If so I can't get it to work

Dufus

I have no idea where to start. I don't have the fmp24 file yet because I don't have the FL email yet.
I'm guessing I have to enter the CC frequency of the trunk into the "dsd.frequency" file and then I'm good? If so I can't get it to work

Reconrider

Dufus

two bat files are needed, my contents are listed below

run1st.bat file

FMP24 -rc -i1 -o20001 -b9.5 -P0.0 -g37.5 -f770.16875

read the fmp.text file to make changes, cc freq is the -f

run2nd.bat file

DSDPlus -f1 -e -r1 -Pmp3 -O NUL -i20001

read the dsdplus.text file for data.

more tomorrow when i get to my computer.

slicerwizard

While I'm waiting for that email, do you mind helping me get this setup? I can't figure it out
When you get FL, follow the installation instructions, then read the bit about using supported SDRs. All you do is run the supplied FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat files. Manually tune FMP24 to the P25 control channel. After DSD+ starts decoding the CC, use the menus to tell DSD+ to auto-load/decode the current system. Then any time you run those two bat files, DSD+ will automatically tune/follow that system.

Reconrider

When you get FL, follow the installation instructions, then read the bit about using supported SDRs. All you do is run the supplied FMP24-CC.bat and 1R.bat files. Manually tune FMP24 to the P25 control channel. After DSD+ starts decoding the CC, use the menus to tell DSD+ to auto-load/decode the current system. Then any time you run those two bat files, DSD+ will automatically tune/follow that system.
In the meantime, is it possible to run dsd without those files?

a417

what do you mean update the files each ID at a time? I don't understand this question.

Reconrider

what do you mean update the files each ID at a time? I don't understand this question.
Instead of having to manually write each radio id as it's unit for the alias, is there a faster way.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Instead of having to manually write each radio id as it's unit for the alias, is there a faster way.

You could always monitor the system for a while and let the radio IDs build up. Once they are in there, you only need to edit it to add the alias. If you want to add radio IDs that you know exist, with thier alias, but DSDPlus hasn't actually monitored those radio IDs yet, then you have to add the lines manually.

a417

You could always monitor the system for a while and let the radio IDs build up. Once they are in there, you only need to edit it to add the alias. If you want to add radio IDs that you know exist, with thier alias, but DSDPlus hasn't actually monitored those radio IDs yet, then you have to add the lines manually.
This is exactly what I do. Run it for a day, let the .groups .radios file fill up with activity, look at the logs to establish patterns (id XXXXX on channel X with this type of activity means this such and such), and then backfill the TGIDs & Radio IDs as applicable.

I want to do my own work so I get it exactly as I want it.

Reconrider

It's a lot of radio IDs. I was trying to be a little lazier with entering alias's. I think I already have something like 1300

i lied, it's only about 400

Last edited:

a417

It's a lot of radio IDs. I was trying to be a little lazier with entering alias's. I think I already have something like 1300

i lied, it's only about 400
wah? ;)

400 is nice, i legitimately have 1265 on my largest.

It's a comma separated values (.CSV) data format, so you can open it in Libreoffice (excel) or what have you and just use all the tips and tricks in the programs to handle large selections at a time (fill down, sequential fill, copy & paste etc). Just make sure you save it as a .csv and don't change the file extension when you do and you'll find it is much easier.

It's only hard to do if you do it inefficiently.

Reconrider

wah? ;)

400 is nice, i legitimately have 1265 on my largest.

It's a comma separated values (.CSV) data format, so you can open it in Libreoffice (excel) or what have you and just use all the tips and tricks in the programs to handle large selections at a time (fill down, sequential fill, copy & paste etc). Just make sure you save it as a .csv and don't change the file extension when you do and you'll find it is much easier.

It's only hard to do if you do it inefficiently.
I tried that sadly, didn't go very well. It gave me 400 errors. So I went to my backup and started going by hand

Edit: file shows 768 now -_- Screenshot

a417

I primarily alias the TGIDs and 'console' radios for dispatch etc, everything else is too little return on investment for me.

I'm sorry the editing the groups/radios file with excel didn't work, wonder what you did wrong?

Reconrider

I primarily alias the TGIDs and 'console' radios for dispatch etc, everything else is too little return on investment for me.

I'm sorry the editing the groups/radios file with excel didn't work, wonder what you did wrong?
I don't have excel(not paying M$ money) so I use google sheets. when I imported it, it didn't work as well as I thought it should have. Maybe I did it wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.