DSDPlus Fastlane Links Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

parri0923

Is anyone else having download issues (404 error) when trying to download FastLane releases now? I'm attempting to install the programs onto a new laptop and keep getting 404 error when attempting to download the .zip file.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
I think I've seen it mentioned somewhere around here before, so I can't be 100% but I believe those links expire after a certain amount of time from when they email them to you. Its always a good idea to hang on to the zip files for safe storage and the email with the password for the zip file as well.

N2STJ

I have not yet signed up for FastLane but am considering it. I thought the way FastLane worked is that by signing up they provide you with a way to download the latest version of DSD+ (forever if you pay $25 or for one year if you pay $10). How does this periodic update work? Do you get an email with a link when a new release comes out or do you get access to a web site? About how often do they release updates?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
The basic way it works, is you send them $10 or $25 via paypal including your email address, they email you back a link to a password protected zip file you download and extract with the password they email you. Then you copy those files in the Zip into your current DSD+ installation(check the readme). After setup, the current version has a 'check for update automatically' feature that just runs and updates your install as you go along. I signed up several months ago, and haven't gotten an update yet. I'm on version 2.246. I disabled the automatic update check though, and will probably be content and happy with the current version I have until the end of time, or until some super awesome new feature I can't live without comes out. They may also email you an update link, not sure. I haven't gotten one, but since everything works fine for me, it wouldn't bother me if they didn't update me.

N2STJ

I just signed up and can't wait to start working with the FastLane version of DSD plus! :)

morfis

Is anyone else having download issues (404 error) when trying to download FastLane releases now? I'm attempting to install the programs onto a new laptop and keep getting 404 error when attempting to download the .zip file.

The links were time-limited and that method of updating is no longer used.

I have not yet signed up for FastLane but am considering it. I thought the way FastLane worked is that by signing up they provide you with a way to download the latest version of DSD+ (forever if you pay $25 or for one year if you pay $10). How does this periodic update work? Do you get an email with a link when a new release comes out or do you get access to a web site? About how often do they release updates?

First copy is e-mailed to you so you have a complete set of standard files. The update archives only contain the files updated since the previous update (including the updated release notes which document changes and usage).
After that first copy the check for updates is from within the software - your choice as to doing that manually or getting it to check each time DSD is started. Updates are then downloaded to the DSD directory as an archive file and it is up to you to install the files.

I signed up several months ago, and haven't gotten an update yet. I'm on version 2.246. I disabled the automatic update check though, and will probably be content and happy with the current version I have until the end of time, or until some super awesome new feature I can't live without comes out. They may also email you an update link, not sure. I haven't gotten one, but since everything works fine for me, it wouldn't bother me if they didn't update me.

I'd suggest you check for updates and download them. ONLY the updated files are included so you always maintain your update path.
You might choose not to actually install any of them but at least you will have them available should you need them later.

E-mailed notifications of updates are no longer sent.

parri0923

So I just emailed them at the same email address as their PayPal and told them what was going on. They quickly sent me a link for the latest version. Great service from these folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.