DSDPlus fastlane new download problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocpire

Not sure if this should go in 'Scanner programming software', but I've been having a problem with the 2.246 update. Window pops up to confirm update action, then another popup indicating that the update failed. Anybody else having this problem?

Thx as always!!

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
You're likely at 2.245. Roll back to 2.242 and it should download normally. This is what worked for me, based on comments made in other threads here. Confirmed on two different PC's.

kruser

You're likely at 2.245. Roll back to 2.242 and it should download normally. This is what worked for me, based on comments made in other threads here. Confirmed on two different PC's.
Same here. Roll back to 2.242 is needed in order to get 2.246.

kruser

How does one "Roll back?"
yes, I'm intellectually handicapped, comparatively.
Hopefully you saved the version 2.242 zip file. Just unzip that back into your DSD+ folder (overwriting any existing files) and run the update check again and it should then get 2.246.

Kazzaw

For what it's worth, I download the zip and store it in a separate folder on every release. Also before completing a new update, I also zip the entire contents of my DSDPlus folder and store it in a separate location. A good habit to get into

kruser

For what it's worth, I download the zip and store it in a separate folder on every release. Also before completing a new update, I also zip the entire contents of my DSDPlus folder and store it in a separate location. A good habit to get into
Same here. I name each versions backup folder with the version number I stored there.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
One additional thing to remember. The password to unzip the file was contained in the last email copy they provided. You'll need to store that somewhere also as you'll be prompted for it when you try to unzip the file using 7zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.