DSDPlus Fastlane setup with remote SDR help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
I am attempting to set up DSDPlus Fastlane to montor a trunked system which is being received by my remote SDR. It seems that all I can do is set it up as Passive Monitor but then I would not be able to monitor the system? Does anyone know if this set up is possible?

slicerwizard

You can run FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 on a remote Windows PC and DSD+ on your local Windows PC. Use combined CC/VC mode in DSD+. Use the site loader functionality to select what system/site you monitor.

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I'm currently running a Raspberry PI with a remote SDR, any way to run FMPA/FMPP/FMP24 on the PI?

polkaroo

Missed him again!
I've tried WINE and x86 emulators on the RPi for FMP24 and it was a no go. I wanted to run a bunch of instances of DSDPlus on a VM on my server while a low power remote (like an RPi) would be feeding them from the roof, vs running coax all the way down. You CAN run a full x86 Windows machine and run FMP24 on that and have DSDPlus take the feed. Make sure the remote FMP24 machine has a static IP or assigned IP via DHCP.

Another gotcha is DSDPlus can't remotely control the gain of FMP24, only tuning. So unless you've dedicated that SDR stick to a single frequency/system, you'll have to remote into the FMP24 machine as well to play around, and it's just too much of a hassle. I ended up getting an old laptop to run everything on.

AZ645

Premium Subscriber
I've tried WINE and x86 emulators on the RPi for FMP24 and it was a no go. I wanted to run a bunch of instances of DSDPlus on a VM on my server while a low power remote (like an RPi) would be feeding them from the roof, vs running coax all the way down. You CAN run a full x86 Windows machine and run FMP24 on that and have DSDPlus take the feed. Make sure the remote FMP24 machine has a static IP or assigned IP via DHCP.

Another gotcha is DSDPlus can't remotely control the gain of FMP24, only tuning. So unless you've dedicated that SDR stick to a single frequency/system, you'll have to remote into the FMP24 machine as well to play around, and it's just too much of a hassle. I ended up getting an old laptop to run everything on.
u
Thanks that's an option I never considered? I've been so focused on using a PI. How would I remote into a Windows laptop?

jets1961

I to have set up an RTL over TCP but in my case in my router not a PI.

Is there a switch for FMP-24 to point to the IP of that router 192.168.xxx.xxx, so not only the port but the IP?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I was using Teamviewer for my 4 remoter scanners and one day I got a pop up that said I was using it for commercial activity and I got locked out. Moving to Windows remote desktop.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.