DSDPlus DSDPlus Fastlane Update V2.228 on 12/21/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewraith2008

from Notes.txt said:
DSD+ 2.228

Added differentiation of EP, DES and AES for encrypted DMR voice calls.

Added decoding of some additional Connect Plus messages.

Added mouse functionality to site loader window:

Scroll wheel selects site

Left mouse click selects site

Left mouse click on selected site loads site

Made some internal changes to TCP linking.

Various cleanup / bug fixes.

Added some cheese to the menu.

FMP24 2.60

Added support for dongle serial strings.
Use -i"<serial>" on the FMP24 command line to target a specific dongle.
Dongle serial strings can be any alphanumeric string up to 8 characters long.
Use rtl_eeprom.exe to set/edit dongle serial strings.

FMPA 2.34

FMPP 1.9

Updated to SDRPlay API version 3.06

sdrplay_api.dll

DLL for SDRPlay API version 3.06
This file should be in the same folder as FMPP.exe

LRRP 1.22

Some minor bugfixes.

Whats with the cheese?

thewraith2008

TIP: In the 'Event Log' window menu 'Misc' enable 'Enable keyboard Commands' if you are used to using them.

i.e. 'L' for siteloader

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Saying there are a bunch of network id's missing from site loader . Worked fine yesterday. Also hitting l is not bringing up the loader for me. Have to play later.

LD723

I am trying to rename the link with the new version like usual and no download pops up for me

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to rename the link with the new version like usual and no download pops up for me

That is not always guaranteed to work. For this release, all the random letters before the actual filename in the link are different from previous links. Every so often, this can change. I'd imagine this is to help thwart those that share their links which are actually unique to each user.

I had to wait for the email.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
"DSDPlus.siteloader file not found in working folder" - So I created one and it's fine...

However, now I can't seem to get DSDPlus to launch using "Line 1" audio from a VAC (SDR#) - it's demanding that I use a TCP connection and the usual command line options (-i3 -o4) aren't working.... What am I missing?

Last edited:

air-scan

That is not always guaranteed to work. For this release, all the random letters before the actual filename in the link are different from previous links. Every so often, this can change. I'd imagine this is to help thwart those that share their links which are actually unique to each user.

I had to wait for the email.
I received an email just a moment ago after I emailed them. They said this update requires the notification email as you have stated. Thanks.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I cannot start DSDPLUS with any of my Audio Sources. It insists on using an FMPA TCP interface now.

I try starting with the -i1 option but it still will not select my line in input.
I also notice when I start dsdplus that it does not list ANY input devices at all now, only output devices are listed.

As such, I cannot use it as I need discriminator audio in on the line in interface. I do not use any of the FMP stuff as I'm setup for discriminator audio only.

Any ideas?

edit: also I can no longer hit esc to stop the program, it is just stuck in an endless loop trying to make a TCP connection and will not honor any keyboard commands in the command window like before. I must close the Event Log window to get dsdplus to exit back to a command prompt.

thewraith2008

edit: also I can no longer hit esc to stop the program, it is just stuck in an endless loop trying to make a TCP connection and will not honor any keyboard commands in the command window like before. I must close the Event Log window to get dsdplus to exit back to a command prompt.

I guess no one saw this:
TIP: In the 'Event Log' window menu 'Misc' enable 'Enable keyboard Commands' if you are used to using them.

i.e. 'L' for siteloader

ve2mrc

openmediavault:~# wget https://www.dsdplus.com/dsdplusuploads/FastLane/XXXXXXXXXXXXX_DSDPlus2p228.zip
--2019-12-21 19:46:50-- https://www.dsdplus.com/dsdplusuploads/FastLane/XXXXXXXXXXXX_DSDPlus2p228.zip
Resolving www.dsdplus.com (www.dsdplus.com)... 67.225.138.150
Connecting to www.dsdplus.com (www.dsdplus.com)|67.225.138.150|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2019-12-21 19:46:51 ERROR 404: Not Found.

I changed the name of the file but it looks like my copy is 404

slicerwizard

From DSDPlus -h output:

Decoder options:
-r1 role is single-receiver control/rest/traffic channel decoder [-r1]
-rc role is dedicated control/rest channel decoder
-rv role is dedicated voice channel decoder
-rp role is passive digital decoder

Looks like the default role is now 1R / single receiver, and that requires a TCP connection.

If you're using a WaveIn audio source (line/mic in, virtual cable), pick a different role.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
From DSDPlus -h output:

Decoder options:
-r1 role is single-receiver control/rest/traffic channel decoder [-r1]
-rc role is dedicated control/rest channel decoder
-rv role is dedicated voice channel decoder
-rp role is passive digital decoder

Looks like the default role is now 1R / single receiver, and that requires a TCP connection.

If you're using a WaveIn audio source (line/mic in, virtual cable), pick a different role.

That's exactly what was going on here, it was now defaulting to R1.
The other thing that threw me at first was it did not honor any of my screen positions saved in the dsdplus.bin file at each exit.
When I started this new version, it was like the first time it had ever ran and I had to redo all my screen sizes and positions which was no big deal.
I just found it odd that this occurred as it never had before. Probably something with the changes in the Event Log window.

Anyway, it's all good once again and discriminator audio is decoding just fine via line in.

Thanks All.

Status
Not open for further replies.