DSDPlus Fastlane Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have DSD+ Fastlane and had been running 2.235. I went to upgrade to the latest & greatest 2.256 and it seems that I missed an update or two in between because I get this error with my TCP linking and no data is being decoded. Does anyone know a way to get the files I need from the updates I missed?87407

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
If you aren't using TCP linking to decode data, go to the event log window and choose Control > Passive Digital Monitor. Then choose Input > [select your input of choice] Let me know if this addresses the issue at hand

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi all,
I have DSD+ Fastlane and had been running 2.235. I went to upgrade to the latest & greatest 2.256 and it seems that I missed an update or two in between because I get this error with my TCP linking and no data is being decoded. Does anyone know a way to get the files I need from the updates I missed?View attachment 87407

I don't know why you are posting info about DSD+ 2.245 when you would have updated from 2.235 to 2.256 and since what you quoted above doesn't seem (to me) to be relevant to your error.

1. Find your original link to download version 2.228 (it came in an email in December)

Modify the link, replacing ########## with the 10 characters that are unique to _your_ download.

Download all of these, unarchive them using the password in your 2.228 email, from oldest to newest, into your DSDPlus folder, overwriting any older items.

(note: you may not have access to all versions above). When you download the zipfiles, save them forever. And save your emails from dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com forever too.

If doing this doesn't get you up to date with all of the files you need, you'll have to email dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com

Mike

Hi & welcome to the RR forums:
If you aren't using TCP linking to decode data, go to the event log window and choose Control > Passive Digital Monitor. Then choose Input > [select your input of choice] Let me know if this addresses the issue at hand

I do use TCP linking to link FMP24 to DSD+. I did try that and it resolved the TCP linking issue but not the data decoding issue. I've been able to figure out I am missing a couple of updates. The fix mtindor gave me didn't work out so I finally emailed them to send me a link to the files I'm missing.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I do use TCP linking to link FMP24 to DSD+. I did try that and it resolved the TCP linking issue but not the data decoding issue. I've been able to figure out I am missing a couple of updates. The fix mtindor gave me didn't work out so I finally emailed them to send me a link to the files I'm missing.

All of the files you were missing should have been in two or three of those links I sent you. You may not have had access to all of hte links but you should have had access to two or three of them. You had never posted the actual error you got when you attempted tCP linking, but I think one of the updates just before the latest update had a newer version of FMP* that you would have needed -- otherwise you would get an error about the TCP link not being able to be achieved. The key is to post the actual errors you are getting next time, rather than a brief exerpt from ones of the TXT files (which told us nothing).

I imagine dsdplusfastlane@ will help you out. Just know that in the future if you are asking questions about specific "errors" you are getting, you need to post those specific errors.

Mike

All of the files you were missing should have been in two or three of those links I sent you. You may not have had access to all of hte links but you should have had access to two or three of them. You had never posted the actual error you got when you attempted tCP linking, but I think one of the updates just before the latest update had a newer version of FMP* that you would have needed -- otherwise you would get an error about the TCP link not being able to be achieved. The key is to post the actual errors you are getting next time, rather than a brief exerpt from ones of the TXT files (which told us nothing).

I imagine dsdplusfastlane@ will help you out. Just know that in the future if you are asking questions about specific "errors" you are getting, you need to post those specific errors.

Mike
Unfortunately, every link you provided, with my unique identifiers replaced, brought up blank pages and no downloads. I tried multiple times on each link before I bothered the information minister.

You are correct that I didn't post the error, as my troubleshooting had led me to establish the errors I was receiving was from missing the files from previous updates. So, my question of how/where to obtain the files was pertinent and no explanation of the errors was necessary. Sorry your suggestion didn't pan out this time. Maybe next time it will.
KC9OTI

Krainium

I don't know why you are posting info about DSD+ 2.245 when you would have updated from 2.235 to 2.256 and since what you quoted above doesn't seem (to me) to be relevant to your error.

1. Find your original link to download version 2.228 (it came in an email in December)

Modify the link, replacing ########## with the 10 characters that are unique to _your_ download.

Download all of these, unarchive them using the password in your 2.228 email, from oldest to newest, into your DSDPlus folder, overwriting any older items.

(note: you may not have access to all versions above). When you download the zipfiles, save them forever. And save your emails from dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com forever too.

If doing this doesn't get you up to date with all of the files you need, you'll have to email dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com

Mike

Very helpful, thanks! I was missing a couple of the most recent updates.

~k

I too also went from 2.242 and straight to 2.256 and have the missing files as well. I tried getting the other updates that I am missing but they are 404ed. Can you please reupload the files so I can get the fixed as well?

Never mind! Getting it done now!

SteveEJ

Premium Subscriber
Where does DSDPlus download updated files to (directory)?

Sorry if asked before. I did a search for the file on my computer after it said it was downloaded but no joy.

TIA,

Steve

LD723

Any pros or cons for using DSD+ Fastlate over SDR Trunk?
Only to monitor non p25 systems like dmr, nxdn, d star, and others. But for p25 trunked sdrtrunk is the way to go and has superior audio quality

Status
Not open for further replies.