DSDPlus How to disable "Assuming FMPA FMPP is the source "

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmo101

I've used various netbooks and laptops with SDRs over the years and haven't noticed much in the way of interference/noise issues. Probably doesn't hurt that I tend to monitor 400 MHz and up - much less noise to find there than down at HF/VHF.

Speaking of, if your monitoring tends to take you to 400 MHz and higher, the orange FlightAware Pro Stick dongles have very good sensitivity up there. These days, I tend to use them exclusively. IIRC, they cost about $25. Hm, Amazon has them for 25% off right now:

Yes most of the interference tended to be in the UHF airband ( Mil Air) as that was my main interest. However I`m also playing with DMR now which is usually in the 450mhz and up so I might try my RSP1 or even go for the flightaware at that price. Thanks for the info
All the best
Paul

paulmo101

Just a quick update that may be useful for anyone else who is a complete newbie.
I set up a very simple bat file on my desktop to launch DSDPlus to save me typing in commands.
Wrote in Notepad and saved as DSDPlus.bat
CD C:/
CD DSDPlus/
DSDPlus.exe -rp

I tried to place a copy of the DSDPLus.exe file on the desktop and double click it but it complained it couldn`t find the lame.dll file as it was obviously in a different directory. However above bat file works great.
Hoping to have a look at some log files for a nearby system ( I`m in the UK) and maybe get some help to explain what I`m looking at.

Thanks again for the help and suggestions

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.