DSDPlus DSDPlus is missing the signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaz

DSDPlus does not show the BP key in use, no matter what flags you try to use.

Hello Forts, Thanks for responding.!
Strange in all the researches that I did everything indicated that the fast lane showed the key number ...
I'm not looking to decrypt using dsd, just to find the key number used in dmr mototrbo.
Please see the attachment

Best Regards
DJ

Attachments

• Log Exemplo.jpg
    Log Exemplo.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 37

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
That photo was from the initial release of DSDPlus I believe, but there has never been a version released that will show that info. With BP the key ID essentially is the key. There are only 255 keys, a little trial and error on a busy channel and it wouldn't take long to find it.

Reactions: aaz

aaz

That photo was from the initial release of DSDPlus I believe, but there has never been a version released that will show that info. With BP the key ID essentially is the key. There are only 255 keys, a little trial and error on a busy channel and it wouldn't take long to find it.

I'm in shock :D :D :D . Could you please explain the steps for me to find the key? like private message, I do not want to violate the forum rules in any way.
Thanks for your help

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Well.. I'm assuming you have a MotoTRBO radio, since that's the only way you can use basic privacy.

Basic privacy has 255 predefined keys, which are selectable in the CPS. It's just a matter of trial and error. Select Key 1... program radio. Did it work? No? Try key two... repeat repeat repeat until you find the winner.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
However.... I see from the picture you attached in post 35 that DSDPlus is indicating that the channel you are trying to listen to is also using RAS (Restricted Access to System). If this is true (sometimes you will get a false indication on DSDPlus) then even if you do have the correct privacy key, you will still be out of luck. RAS is another layer of security that prevents unauthorized radios from accessing a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.