DSDPLUS not decoding specific DMR marc repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

There is a specific repeater I tuned to on FMP24 but the decode is very bad but the signal itself looks sufficient and more than enough for dsdplus to decode. I have used different tuning options by using dsdtune and used different filtering options but in this recording I have I used 7.6 khz BW and I have the latest dsdplus fastlane release with TCP linking used. Here is the raw audio file DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2019-02-16@180638.wav

S

simpilo

There is a specific repeater I tuned to on FMP24 but the decode is very bad but the signal itself looks sufficient and more than enough for dsdplus to decode. I have used different tuning options by using dsdtune and used different filtering options but in this recording I have I used 7.6 khz BW and I have the latest dsdplus fastlane release with TCP linking used. Here is the raw audio file DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2019-02-16@180638.wav

Try 12.5khz pressing 'b' with FMP24 in focus. (clicking on the title bar of FMP24 brings it into focus). I found on a hamr DMR repeater 7.6khz isn't enough bandwidth.

LD723

Try 12.5khz pressing 'b' with FMP24 in focus. (clicking on the title bar of FMP24 brings it into focus). I found on a hamr DMR repeater 7.6khz isn't enough bandwidth.
unfortunately doesnt do much and I found using the very old legacy dsd with vbcable (not dsdplus) decodes the voice fine

S

simpilo

unfortunately doesnt do much and I found using the very old legacy dsd with vbcable (not dsdplus) decodes the voice fine

Mine works fine. Are you running DSD+ FL 2.165? Is your ppm correction set right? I recommend RTL-SDR dongles with 0.5ppm TCXO built into them from Nooelec. I set my ppm to 0.5ppm just for sanity even though it doesn't matter much but if you don't have a TCXO equipped dongle then ppm will matter greatly also try the -a1 switch in your batch file. the -a1 switch allows FMP24 to center accurately onto the signal.

LD723

Mine works fine. Are you running DSD+ FL 2.165? Is your ppm correction set right? I recommend RTL-SDR dongles with 0.5ppm TCXO built into them from Nooelec. I set my ppm to 0.5ppm just for sanity even though it doesn't matter much but if you don't have a TCXO equipped dongle then ppm will matter greatly also try the -a1 switch in your batch file. the -a1 switch allows FMP24 to center accurately onto the signal.
Yep I have the nesdr SMArt 0.5 ppm TCXO built in and the auto center is automatically on but I have the recording of the raw audio in my link and I can decode that specific system on the old dsd but not dsdplus. Every other signal that I receive I can decode fine on dsdplus

S

simpilo

Yep I have the nesdr SMArt 0.5 ppm TCXO built in and the auto center is automatically on but I have the recording of the raw audio in my link and I can decode that specific system on the old dsd but not dsdplus. Every other signal that I receive I can decode fine on dsdplus

Well I downloaded your wav file to see if i could decode it on my copy of 2.165 FL. The problem is there is no command line switches for dsdplus to decode a wave file in -h (help cmd). I dont have any form of virtual cables installed because I use TCP. If anyone knows the syntax please reply.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
1550414054130.png
Looks like a bad decode to me. Several different TGs with same RID. I did see the post about the old DSD decoding fine. I wonder if there is some sort of internal code that is filtering or causing the new DSD to not decode correctly.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Well I downloaded your wav file to see if i could decode it on my copy of 2.165 FL. The problem is there is no command line switches for dsdplus to decode a wave file in -h (help cmd). I dont have any form of virtual cables installed because I use TCP. If anyone knows the syntax please reply.

Sure there is.

C:\DSDPLUS>dsdplus -h

DSD+ 2.165

Usage:
DSDPlus [options] Decode from audio stream
DSDPlus [options] ? file Decode from .wav file
DSDPlus -h Show help

An example would be: dsdplus ? DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2019-02-16@180638.wav

S

simpilo

Myself and possibly some others probably noticed the Unknown Type E and Unknown Type C amongst the errors. I probably got the same decode results which is around 23% I tried non polarized and polarized but no effect. Setting AMBE levels wouldnt do anything. Listen:
Vocaroo | Voice message

Sure there is.

C:\DSDPLUS>dsdplus -h

DSD+ 2.165

Usage:
DSDPlus [options] Decode from audio stream
DSDPlus [options] ? file Decode from .wav file
DSDPlus -h Show help

An example would be: dsdplus ? DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2019-02-16@180638.wav

Thanks MTindor Got it. Don'tknow how I keep missing it. It worked.

S

simpilo

Now I maxed out the verbosity of the ouput in the command console with -v4 and seen some more tidbits

+DMR slot1 BS VC2 e:6r27r
CACH Sig ERR3
+DMR slot2 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=8 Rate 3/4 Data FEC FAIL
+DMR slot1 BS VC3 e:5r32
+DMR slot2 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=13 Unknown TypeE
+DMR slot1 BS VC4 e:123
CACH Sig ERR3

Signal error/FEC failure could mean a intermittent problem with your dongle or something not syncing. You could try DSD+ FL 2.165 again later after unplugging your dongle and plugging it back in and use FMP24 TCP to DSD+

Your decode on the older DSD software could have been good after the error went away making you think DSD+ FL 2.165 had issues when it doesn't because a few of us got the same thing.

Edit: Same results with DSDPlus 1.01 with the same raw recording

Last edited:

LD723

Now I maxed out the verbosity of the ouput in the command console with -v4 and seen some more tidbits

+DMR slot1 BS VC2 e:6r27r
CACH Sig ERR3
+DMR slot2 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=8 Rate 3/4 Data FEC FAIL
+DMR slot1 BS VC3 e:5r32
+DMR slot2 BS DATA ERR3 DCC=13 Unknown TypeE
+DMR slot1 BS VC4 e:123
CACH Sig ERR3

Signal error/FEC failure could mean a intermittent problem with your dongle or something not syncing. You could try DSD+ FL 2.165 again later after unplugging your dongle and plugging it back in and use FMP24 TCP to DSD+

Your decode on the older DSD software could have been good after the error went away making you think DSD+ FL 2.165 had issues when it doesn't because a few of us got the same thing.

Edit: Same results with DSDPlus 1.01 with the same raw recording
I removed and put in the dongle just in case and same problem on that one and only repeater and I also used that same raw audio to decode on the old dsd and I heard the voice mostly fine and by the old dsd I mean the one on github that was made before dsdplus by a different developer

Last edited:
S

simpilo

I removed and put in the dongle just in case and same problem on that one and only repeater and I also used that same raw audio to decode on the old dsd and I heard the voice mostly fine and by the old dsd I mean the one on github that was made before dsdplus by a different developer

I suggest that repeater has problems if everything checks fine on your end. It is the only repeater doing that as you stated.

LD723

I suggest that repeater has problems if everything checks fine on your end. It is the only repeater doing that as you stated.
Yeah that's what ive been thinking lol but the weird thing is that the old dsd works fine on that repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.