DSDPlus over Local network and Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrh17

Has anyone been able to set up DSDPLUS 2.18 correctly to connect to a copy of FMP on your local network or over the internet?

The changes.txt gives some info on how to do it. So far I have had no luck trying to connect DSDPLUS to my other PC running FMP on the local network, I've opened inbound and outbound ports.

The ultimate goal is to connect to another copy of FMP on the internet outside of my coverage area to extend coverage for DSDPLUS.

Thanks

M105

Interesting. I have not tried this. Question: Do you have to specify the IP address on both sides? Say DSD+ is listening on 192.168.1.200:20001 and FMP is sending from 192.168.1.45:20001 would each respective program have to specify the full ip and port of the other?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I had successfully done it with a previous version but have not had a need to try it with the newer versions.

chris

slicerwizard

Has anyone been able to set up DSDPLUS 2.18 correctly to connect to a copy of FMP on your local network or over the internet?

The changes.txt gives some info on how to do it. So far I have had no luck trying to connect DSDPLUS to my other PC running FMP on the local network, I've opened inbound and outbound ports.

The ultimate goal is to connect to another copy of FMP on the internet outside of my coverage area to extend coverage for DSDPLUS.

Thanks
If you're using 2.18, it would be FMP24, not FMP?

I just tried doing this with two laptops and DSD+ on one laptop connected to FMP24 running on the other laptop. I was able to monitor CC traffic, but there is no voice following because DSD+ uses the local file system to direct VC FMP24 to the voice channels. So it sort of works. There is probably a way around this (by running all programs from the same file folder)

gstrugs

Feed Provider
It works if you share the folder and start FMP24 from the other machine.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

hrh17

Yes I meant FMP24. Was there any other information you had to put into the DSDPLUS CC or VC Bat files? If it can only monitor the Control Channel and not follow the voice channels I guess it's something, but not exactly what I was after.

slicerwizard

Yes I meant FMP24. Was there any other information you had to put into the DSDPLUS CC or VC Bat files?
I added the FMP24 PC's IP address and port number to the DSD+ command line: DSDPlus -i192.168.1.105:20001

If it can only monitor the Control Channel and not follow the voice channels I guess it's something, but not exactly what I was after.
As others have posted, it requires sharing the DSD+ folder on one PC and then on the other PC, run from that shared folder. I haven't tried it yet, so maybe someone else can explain it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.