DSDplus question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
This is what I got set up.....I decided to use just 2 freqs because channel 1 & 2 are most active. I can see the 2 freqs scanning.....but I cant set identifier. I click "choose identifier" and picked "ap25 talkgroup" but in the little box to enter "0-65535" it only lets me enter 1 digit. So I entered a "1".....not sure whats gonna happen but it wont let me type in the full "0-65535". And in the "identifier" tab this is what I have...somehow doesnt look right though. still seeing signals on waterfall but no audio.

Guess you did not see my post.

I went in the channels tab and hit new - p25 phase 1. Then added a freq and gave it a name. Then hit save. I did not choose an identifier. I did this a total of 4 times. Then I highlighted each one and hit play. It plays audio.

air-scan

I have been fooling with this program and listen to the statewide (RI) P25 system on 800mhz. I can receive pretty good signals but audio is warbly...running my SDS200 side by side with DSDplus on computer, I can hear the scanner audio is fine, but DSDplus audio is sometimes garbled. I have tried adjusting GAIN up and down but no difference. There are 2 settings AMBE and IMBE under the decoding tab. I read somewhere by setting these to a lower value than the default of 50, to 35 would help. No difference. Is there anything I can do to improve audio quality? The dongle I have is an "RTL-SDR" one.

I just did some experimenting with SDRTrunk v5.0 alpha 6 on a local HAM-DMR frequency on 70cm whichis connected to talk group 91 Brandmeister. It worked!

The steps you can do is:
1)Open Playlist editor
2)Click Channels Tab
3)click "New' Then select P25 Phase 1
4)Edit the Info for all three lines anything that makes sense to you. (It won't play until all 3 fields are filled!)
step 4A: Also create a new alias list press save
5)Scroll down Source enter 1 frequency press save
6)Press Play

Enter Talkgroup alias for the alias assigned to that frequency you created in channels tab:
1) In Aliases Tab press the drop down box and select the new alias list
2)Press "New"
3)enter in both fields info in both fields for "Alias" and "Group". Alias is the talk name and Group is the number press save

IF my instructions were good enough it'll listen on that frequency and display the talkgroup.

Do the next for the next frequencies. Take your time!

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Guess you did not see my post.

I went in the channels tab and hit new - p25 phase 1. Then added a freq and gave it a name. Then hit save. I did not choose an identifier. I did this a total of 4 times. Then I highlighted each one and hit play. It plays audio.
OK I was able to get INDIVIDUAL freqs to play with no problem.....its just when I ADD more as a group, to scan together I get no audio. So I did do as you said but only 1 freq at a time can play. I was hoping to be able to get at least 2 of my home town PD freqs to scan together. But what still bugs me is how when you log in to the RR tab, via sdrtrunk, how limited the information you get back is compared to importing data from programs like Sentinel and Proscan, where you get the ENTIRE database!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
But what still bugs me is how when you log in to the RR tab, via sdrtrunk, how limited the information you get back is compared to importing data from programs like Sentinel and Proscan, where you get the ENTIRE database!
Well yeah, that's because SDRTrunk is geared towards...wait for it...TRUNKING. If you want to add conventional P25 frequencies, you'll have to do so manually. It literally takes 30 seconds to add a P25 Phase I channel to the playlist, hardly the end of the world. And no, you don't need to enter a NAC; in fact there is nowhere to enter such a NAC even if you wanted to.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
But what still bugs me is how when you log in to the RR tab, via sdrtrunk, how limited the information you get back is compared to importing data from programs like Sentinel and Proscan, where you get the ENTIRE database!

The info is not really that limited and Sdrtrunk has the ability to import many conventional freqs. Am, Fm, Nfm, Dmr Nxdn and or P25. Just depends where they are actually listed in the database.

The only thing is that Sdrtrunk does not offer a counties main page, and for bobruzzo, Cranston pd is on the county page. If you were looking for federal, your TSA P25 freq is listed under Airports and is importable as seen below. On any counties main page on Radio Reference, in the "County Quick Jumps" section , anything that falls under "other agencies" shows in Sdrtrunk and is importable.

As @GTR8000 pointed out, Sdrtrunk is mainly for trunked systems. Proscan and Sentinel are software progs for scanners which are not geared to only one thing.

Rather than be bugged or annoyed, why not do a feature request asking the main page be included.

data2.JPG

data.JPG

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Rather than be bugged or annoyed, why not do a feature request asking the main page be included.
The "main county missing" was already reported by a user in the Google group back in January. However the best way to report bugs or add feature requests to SDRTrunk is to create a GitHub ticket. It's very easy for stuff to get lost in the shuffle among the group discussions.

So yeah, if you have a request or find a bug, get involved in the process and speak up. Just understand that there are many, many requests already in the pipeline, some of which are going to be low priority as they don't relate directly to trunking. Also Denny is just one guy who has a real day job, and so his coding of SDRTrunk is done when he has the time to dedicate to the project. A project that he has poured countless hours of his own blood, sweat, and tears into for everyone to enjoy completely free of charge. Let's keep that in mind before getting annoyed or irritated or bugged at "missing" features. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.