DSDPlus UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynedc

Premium Subscriber
Yes, everything runs except the Front End. I get a message that DSD+ and FMPA are not loaded when they are actually loaded and running. I attached a screenshot.

DISREGARD - I fixed this by downloading and installing the latest .NET5 x86 Runtime (for desktop apps). I had the runtime previously installed but I believe my latest Win10 update may have caused an issue with this. Downloading the current v5.0.7 runtime has worked to restore the Front End functionality.

Attachments

• InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    InkedCapture_LI.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Edited because I figured out why I wasn't able to check for updates, but the update says that I'm running the latest version. Is this GUI a separate app?

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Edited because I figured out why I wasn't able to check for updates, but the update says that I'm running the latest version. Is this GUI a separate app?
Yes, it is separate program.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I figured that out, downloaded it, downloaded the correct version of .NET, and installed DSDPlusUI.

Since I almost always run in trunk mode and have an Airspy and R820T dongle, I was hoping to launch both, but haven't figured out if I can do that. I also run DSD-CC.bat and DSD-VC.bat since mostly I listen to trunk systems. I can't figure out how to do that unless I can run two instances of DSDPlusUI.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I just started playing with this also. I usually run a 1 dongle set up on one system and a 2 dongle set up on another so if you figure it out let me know.

They do have a forum here that I have not explored yet.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'll ask over there about running one for each instance of FMPx/DSDPlus.

Then again, the menus with DSDPlus now are much better than having to remember key board commands.

Annunaki

Thanks. I'll ask over there about running one for each instance of FMPx/DSDPlus.

Then again, the menus with DSDPlus now are much better than having to remember key board commands.

Hi!

To use DSDPlusUI with multiple instances of DSD+/FMPx, first select which DSD+/FMPx window you wish to control by bringing that window to the front of the desktop (just click their title bars) and then in DSDPlusUI click the relevant rebuild button (The brick wall buttons next to the quit buttons), this will then tell DSDPlusUI which instance of DSD+/FMPx you wish to control.

Last edited:

Annunaki

Yes, everything runs except the Front End. I get a message that DSD+ and FMPA are not loaded when they are actually loaded and running. I attached a screenshot.

DISREGARD - I fixed this by downloading and installing the latest .NET5 x86 Runtime (for desktop apps). I had the runtime previously installed but I believe my latest Win10 update may have caused an issue with this. Downloading the current v5.0.7 runtime has worked to restore the Front End functionality.

Thanks for reporting this, I was just about to load up the IDE and try debugging this, Anyway I have now updated the .NET5 link on my website to directly download the most recent .NET5 runtime.

Cheers.

merlin

Not much time to really play with this, seems to work fine if I remember all the how to do's
Already have the new dot net, another app needed it.
Now if it had more controls over DSD, that would be great, things like customizing display instead of resorting to scrips.

Annunaki

Not much time to really play with this, seems to work fine if I remember all the how to do's
Already have the new dot net, another app needed it.
Now if it had more controls over DSD, that would be great, things like customizing display instead of resorting to scrips.
Please elaborate on what you mean by customising display?

DSDPlusUI already has tonnes of controls for DSD+ and FMPx and I'm not exactly sure what it is lacking.

Regards

merlin

Please elaborate on what you mean by customising display?

DSDPlusUI already has tonnes of controls for DSD+ and FMPx and I'm not exactly sure what it is lacking.

Regards
It is not really lacking, some of its features are quite handy, but DSD plus is so easy to use and set up, most of the time it goes unused. ( once you get DSD plus up and working.)
I like it, I just don't use it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.