DSDtune Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0adband

I got the following (as it appears to be a fairly weak raw NXDN capture):

C:\Users\br0adband\Desktop\sdrsharp\dsdplus>dsdtune_v3.exe -i DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2014-03-27@103407.wav -fn
Checking option -dr
Running dsd.exe < DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2014-03-27@103407.wav -o0 -O NUL -fn -drXXX
best value of 6691 with -dr3
Checking option -dh
Running dsd.exe < DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2014-03-27@103407.wav -o0 -O NUL -fn -dr3 -dhXXX
best value of 6691 with -dh2
Checking option -ds
Running dsd.exe < DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2014-03-27@103407.wav -o0 -O NUL -fn -dr3 -dh2 -dsXXX
best value of 6694 with -ds68
Checking option -dd
Running dsd.exe < DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2014-03-27@103407.wav -o0 -O NUL -fn -dr3 -dh2 -ds68 -ddXXX
best value of 6694 with -dd15
Checking option -dv
Running dsd.exe < DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2014-03-27@103407.wav -o0 -O NUL -fn -dr3 -dh2 -ds68 -dd15 -dvXXX
best value of 6711 with -dv3

+------ RESULTS -----+
Switches you want to use :
-dr3 -dh2 -ds68 -dd15 -dv3

Input level seemed to be about 8-9% overall, might have better luck with trying to improve the reception just a bit even in spite of the tuning potential (which isn't all that great to begin with).

RonnieUSA

I got the following (as it appears to be a fairly weak raw NXDN capture):
Input level seemed to be about 8-9% overall, might have better luck with trying to improve the reception just a bit even in spite of the tuning potential (which isn't all that great to begin with).

That was the City PD Dispatch, since the switch to NXDN, it seems that their signal is over half of what I use to get.
The Campus PD seems stronger, same type of system as the City.

Switches you want to use :
-dr3 -dh2 -ds68 -dd15 -dv3

Those cleaned it up a bunch.

Thank You.

Last edited:

br0adband

Seems like an awfully strong signal there considering the peak on the spectrum, and it still required the tuning even in spite of that strong signal? :confused:

n4yek

Could someone Please run dsdtune on this file I'm not sure I'm doing it right.

Thank You for any help on this.

While you can have other run that program, DSD Tune was meant to give you the best numbers from your setup. It's design was to take your computer and your reception and give you the best numbers your setup can provide.

Last edited:

slicerwizard

Seems like an awfully strong signal there considering the peak on the spectrum, and it still required the tuning even in spite of that strong signal? :confused:
It may be a strong signal, but the raw audio being fed to DSD+ looks like it has frequency response issues.

While you can have other run that program, DSD Tune was meant to give you the best numbers from your setup. It's design was to take your computer and your reception and give you the best numbers your setup can provide.
The raw audio is from the OP's setup. His/your/anyone's copy of DSD Tune and DSD+ isn't going to behave any differently with that audio file than anyone else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.