Dsdtune

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to have this run? I tried

Code:
dsdtune -i DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2017-08-16@083843.wav -f1
and it just runs over and over and does not generate a report.

I would like to fine tune Dsdplus
Thanks

pinkfish457

Dsdtune doesn't run under the last several versions of DSDPlus. I wish it did as it made tuning easy. It will run under the FREE versons on the DSDPlus website.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, I just noticed a file called dsdtune.log. It has the following

Code:
Wed Aug 16 14:01:52 2017 : Best Decode on file DSDPlus-Raw-Input_2017-08-16@083843.wav was 576586 with options -f1    -ds68 -dv20

I will try a pre fastlane version.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
So 1.074 spit out the following

Code:
@echo off
REM : batch file created with dsdtune utility on Wed Aug 16 16:26:52 2017

dsdplus.exe  -f1   -ds63 -dv25

I never used dsd tune befor so I guess it runs the raw audio wav with every possible switch.

I will try these switches and see if I notice any improvement.

deboe

It was working with fast-lane a while back, so a newone may have changed somthing to break my code in dsdtune.
I don't use DSDPlus so I don't have fast-lane and no longer keep up with the updates.
So I'm just using reports of FL changing something and breaking dsdtune to fix it.

So the newest FL as of now is not working with dsdtune?

They had been removing some of the fine tunning switches in the newer release which is what was breaking it before.

D

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I may have jumped the gun and posted before it finished. Without -b it wrote dsdtune.log, and I did not see that. The info it gave me in there, matched the info I got when I ran it with dsdplus 1.074.

On the older, it seemed to run the cycles faster. On the fast lane, it seemed to get stuck, and after sitting for 10 seconds or so, once any of the windows were clicked, it resumed. Both were done on the same wav that was recorded this morning. In real time, it was like 20 minutes of recording.

I have to ask, is there a way to run the recorded wav in real time as opposed to super fast or is it that way because it was recorded thru fmp24 with squelch?

Anyway, great program and I hope it does not fade away..

slicerwizard

Dsdtune doesn't run under the last several versions of DSDPlus. I wish it did as it made tuning easy. It will run under the FREE versons on the DSDPlus website.
It most certainly does. I went to https://github.com/dreinhold/dsdtune/releases and downloaded v0.1.2 (because v0.1.3 doesn't support -dd - why not?) and tried it with my 2.39 fast lane copy and everything worked fine. Fed it an old wav recording and it spit out the optimal tuning values, just like it's supposed to.

pinkfish457

I was referring to the original version which was included in the DSD+ file. I did not know there was a later version available. As I mentioned, I will try the new version because I am having audio problems also.

deboe

Yes, I removed that version because slicerwizard let me know the last version was missing support for -dd.
So use the 0.1.2 version.

I have now have the newest fastlane (Thx DSDPlus team) and will test on my own system sometime this weekend. I have not been able to test fastlane here, so I was updating dsdtune just from user reports.

pinkfish457

In the very early releases, DSDTune was included in the DSDPLus.zip file. That is what I was referring to in my first post.

The reason I posted was I copied and pasted the early DSDTune file into one of the newer DSDPlus and it failed to run. I'll look at some of my saved files and let you know which one's had it included.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I removed that version because slicerwizard let me know the last version was missing support for -dd.
So use the 0.1.2 version.

I have now have the newest fastlane (Thx DSDPlus team) and will test on my own system sometime this weekend. I have not been able to test fastlane here, so I was updating dsdtune just from user reports.

Did you get to do the testing? And if so, how did it go?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Ohh no, got side tracked with work on trunk-player. I'll try and do some testing today.

Lol you must have a busy job.

I noticed on version 0.1.2 that it will run its tests but then gets stuck, and as soon as the mouse pointer is passed over the event log window, it resumes. I am running dual monitors for what its worth..

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am using the latest fastlane. Might try the same setup on the laptop today to make sure its not my pc or that I run dual monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.