DSO to ACDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

officerdave

Retired LEO
Listening to DuPage on ACDC and using Sherriff 1 , 2, 3 etc. as ID on the system. They now go by the sector in the County they are working. Never thought I would see DSO off their own com center. Times are a changing .....

I wish we had ONE central COM CENTER for the entire county , as many other states do . Oh well politics as usual in my state

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Dave, is DuPage Sheriff still using talk group 2619 as main dispatch, and 2620 as Channel 2? I heard that ACDC wasn't taking over dispatching until November 1st. Maybe the old dispatch center is using the new ACDC dispatch protocol? I wonder if DuPage Forest Preserve Police will move off ACDC PD1 (currently with Addison and Westmont PD's), and get dispatched on the Sheriff's talk group once everything is said and done? Have you heard anything?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Rumors of this move have been circulating for a year or longer, Dave. Thanks for the report!

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Public documents from a few months ago confirmed ACDC going to be dispatching DuPage Sheriff. I just wonder if the talk groups are going to be shifted around.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Dave, is DuPage Sheriff still using talk group 2619 as main dispatch, and 2620 as Channel 2? I heard that ACDC wasn't taking over dispatching until November 1st. Maybe the old dispatch center is using the new ACDC dispatch protocol? I wonder if DuPage Forest Preserve Police will move off ACDC PD1 (currently with Addison and Westmont PD's), and get dispatched on the Sheriff's talk group once everything is said and done? Have you heard anything?

I have seen at least one RID previously noted as a DCSO console being used today. Dunno where that console is currently located, Will.

officerdave

Retired LEO
Working last week with a FPD Sgt. and listening to his radio. DSO on his radio, talking on same talk-groups, just using new ACDC IDs. He does not know if they are physically at ACDC yet .

He also said that they are going off Addison/Westmont and will be on DSO 1 and 2. Maybe Jan 2021.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Dave, I read from an official news release that ACDC will begin dispatching DuPage County Sheriff on November 1, 2020. They're probably getting familiar with the ACDC method of dispatch while still at their old facility. Strange to hear "Zones" instead of the Deputy's badge number as their calling car/dispatch. Wonder how they'll set up all the other entities, such as Courts, Jail, Investigations, etc.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Dave, I read from an official news release that ACDC will begin dispatching DuPage County Sheriff on November 1, 2020. They're probably getting familiar with the ACDC method of dispatch while still at their old facility. Strange to hear "Zones" instead of the Deputy's badge number as their calling car/dispatch. Wonder how they'll set up all the other entities, such as Courts, Jail, Investigations, etc.
As of a few days ago, all of the dispatch console RIDs observed on SC21 TG 2619 matched the RIDs at DCSO's dispatch center. Patrol zones appear to be numbered 1-8 so far.

officerdave

Retired LEO
As of a few days ago, all of the dispatch console RIDs observed on SC21 TG 2619 matched the RIDs at DCSO's dispatch center. Patrol zones appear to be numbered 1-8 so far.
Yes sir Appears that DSO still at their com center but using ACDC designators. Today I heard " 1 Sheriff Milton " guessing the township car ? It will take some getting used to.... regardless of the specific date, DSO is going to ACDC on their own talk-groups and the FPD Police will join them ( makes sense as they are countywide agency ) Full circle as we were on DSO years ago ( I think I was 225 , memory fades ) on the old VHF simplex channel. A long long time ago .........

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Yes sir Appears that DSO still at their com center but using ACDC designators. Today I heard " 1 Sheriff Milton " guessing the township car ? It will take some getting used to.... regardless of the specific date, DSO is going to ACDC on their own talk-groups and the FPD Police will join them ( makes sense as they are countywide agency ) Full circle as we were on DSO years ago ( I think I was 225 , memory fades ) on the old VHF simplex channel. A long long time ago .........
I seem to recall learning years ago that some townships pay to have their own DCSO patrol, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.