DSP going to Full Time Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roach112683

I'm going to guess they forget to switch off the encryption when they went to talk on those channels.
As far as I know and have seen it's simply flipping the switch, which is why some agencies have gone encrypted recently because they know they wouldn't re!ember to turn it off when not in the Command Channel.

I don't think it's been fully programmed in as full encrypted yet just simply the switch but I'm guessing it will eve then the switch won't matter.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I wonder since Biden has a home on the north shore now plus with him being POTUS and the USSS has a 24/7/365 post in front of that home and their coms are ALWAYS encrypted, they asked DSP to go to encrypt there coms so they could communicate direct on the TG for DSP in Sussex County? plus when Biden travels from his home in NCC to Sussex with DSP being the lead vehicle and tail end charlie as well. Just an idea I thought of when I read about them being their..

de784

Feed Provider
I wonder since Biden has a home on the north shore now plus with him being POTUS and the USSS has a 24/7/365 post in front of that home and their coms are ALWAYS encrypted, they asked DSP to go to encrypt there coms so they could communicate direct on the TG for DSP in Sussex County? plus when Biden travels from his home in NCC to Sussex with DSP being the lead vehicle and tail end charlie as well. Just an idea I thought of when I read about them being their..
Last time he went from DC to Wilmington the detail was on an interop channel that was clear, I was told by a good source the choice to encrpypt has been on the table since NCC PD switched a few years back it just was put on the back burner for a while

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Yes I read about that and the Rehoboth PD gave the USSS an office in the PD part of the building. Even after Biden is no longer POTUS he will still have USSS protection for lifetime so that means the USSS is going to be around for a while it seems. I wonder if USSS will end up buying a condo or home near by for the agents who have that 24/7/365 duty on the North Shore? Even when Biden is not there they still stand guard over the empty house to keep it safe..

Roach112683

Yes I read about that and the Rehoboth PD gave the USSS an office in the PD part of the building. Even after Biden is no longer POTUS he will still have USSS protection for lifetime so that means the USSS is going to be around for a while it seems. I wonder if USSS will end up buying a condo or home near by for the agents who have that 24/7/365 duty on the North Shore? Even when Biden is not there they still stand guard over the empty house to keep it safe..
Yeah. North Shores houses are expensive. But anything to waste taxpayer money.

thankfully he's older so it won't be long.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Hey When Bush #2 left the white house and moved back to TX, he paid for a private gate to the entrance to their cul de sack and they brought the house next to Bush home as well for their agents to use as a sleeping quarters/command post. Same thing when slick willy left and moved to NY the huge barn with sleeping quarters for the servants or people to manage the property, they set up the same thing in the barn as well complete with a full kitchen, sleeping quarters, command post via sat dish which kept them connected to HQ plus Sat TV as well and screw the taxpayers who have to pay for all that..

de784

Feed Provider
Hey When Bush #2 left the white house and moved back to TX, he paid for a private gate to the entrance to their cul de sack and they brought the house next to Bush home as well for their agents to use as a sleeping quarters/command post. Same thing when slick willy left and moved to NY the huge barn with sleeping quarters for the servants or people to manage the property, they set up the same thing in the barn as well complete with a full kitchen, sleeping quarters, command post via sat dish which kept them connected to HQ plus Sat TV as well and screw the taxpayers who have to pay for all that..
Biden just purchased this home before that he use to stay next store at a house that belonged to one of Obama's speech writers.this development also has there own private security company.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Milford went full encryption this week, so I guess it’s a waiting game to see when Newark and Wilmington go full encryption.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, IDK - not sure if the summer police officer radios are capable of encryption, if they are APX1000s.

Last edited:

Roach112683

The old XPS3000 radios were and the new APX6000s are as well.

However the Dewey Seasonal Radios are DMR. I can hear them but only dispatch as they are VHF frequency without much of a range.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The old XPS3000 radios were and the new APX6000s are as well.

However the Dewey Seasonal Radios are DMR. I can hear them but only dispatch as they are VHF frequency without much of a range.
The summer officers I saw last week were not using APX6000s.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The summer officers I saw last week were not using APX6000s.
All APX's have ADP encryption standard part of the package. Free. It's AES256 that will cost you a penny or three.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
All APX's have ADP encryption standard part of the package. Free. It's AES256 that will cost you a penny or three.
Are you sure about APX1000s, in terms of AES? TBH, I'm not sure what flavor of enc is being used on the Delaware system since it is still SmartZone, but will start moving to P25P1 in a year or two and I would assume it will be AES256.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure about APX1000s, in terms of AES? TBH, I'm not sure what flavor of enc is being used on the Delaware system since it is still SmartZone, but will start moving to P25P1 in a year or two and I would assume it will be AES256.
ADP is free. AES 256 is not. ADP is the standard encryption in every Motorola APX radio sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.