DSTAR ID-880H Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSmith

Whenever I try to connect to the DSTAR repeater in Cleveland, OH WB8THD I get 'UR?WB8THD' and no one responds. I have UR set as CQCQCQ. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

W8TDS

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Well, you did connect to "Node C" on the repeater according to the database:

W8TDS 03/18/12 20:46:37 UTC WB8THD C 2 Meters

While I am also new to this, just make sure your "RPT2" is using the "gateway (G)" in the 8th position!. Are you part of any local D-Star group in your area? That can be a lot of help!

73's KJ4TVL

KJ4OHY

Premium Subscriber
I also have an Icom 880h (two actually) and with me it's hit or miss. I have been getting the UR?WS4VA C most of the time (the repeater I normally key). I do notice that the database registers my call but I don't know if I'm actually coming through the repeater clear. Didn't seem to do it when I had the radio setting up at home, but ever since it's been in my mobile I've been getting that message. I even did the echo test (WS4VA E in ur call) and was able to get a response, but when I go back to CQCQCQ it had the UR? error.

KJ4OHY

Premium Subscriber
Just spoke to icom tech support. The tech verified that I was registered on the network and said that usually comes up when one isn't registered. He did state however that his personal radio does the same error message occasionally, but he has no problems making contacts. Just a fluke I guess *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.