DTMF logger

Status
Not open for further replies.

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
This is slightly off topic for this thread, but this would probably be the best place to answer this question.

I am attempting to set up a simplex radio “system” for several large events (providing EMS coverage). I would like to be able to identify each radio when it keys up. I also would like to be able to send a message (ie Red, Yellow, Green) without using voice.

The best scenario that I came up with is to program the PTT ID with a DTMF string unique to each radio. Similarly, the messages that I would like to send could also be in the form of a DTMF string.

The problem that I am having is finding a logging program that could log each string that it receives and even name them.

1a01*11 = Red

The thought is to use a program like Unitrunker.

Anyone have any ideas or knows of a program out there?

Thanks,
Bob

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping to do this via a computer with a soundcard so it did not need to be a dedicated setup. This way this system could be ran at the command post and in supervisor’s vehicles without any added equipment.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is slightly off topic for this thread, but this would probably be the best place to answer this question.

I am attempting to set up a simplex radio “system” for several large events (providing EMS coverage). I would like to be able to identify each radio when it keys up. I also would like to be able to send a message (ie Red, Yellow, Green) without using voice.

The best scenario that I came up with is to program the PTT ID with a DTMF string unique to each radio. Similarly, the messages that I would like to send could also be in the form of a DTMF string.

The problem that I am having is finding a logging program that could log each string that it receives and even name them.

1a01*11 = Red

The thought is to use a program like Unitrunker.

Anyone have any ideas or knows of a program out there?

Thanks,
Bob

Red, yellow, green...for triage tags?

n9zas

bvankl

Premium Subscriber
Red, yellow, green...for triage tags?

Yes, that is some of the traffic that is relayed.

MDC1200 enabled radios plus WinMDC?

I am attempting to do this with some old Kenwood stock. The model that I have the most of is TK-380's

ComTekk makes a Nice decoder along with a bunch of other radio software- much of it you can demo before purchasing.

Thanks! Looking at that as I type. It has a 30 day trial to see if it will work for what we are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.