• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

DTMF Mic HMN1032B vs HMN1052B

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Can someone tell me the difference between these two mics? They both look identical and will probably will work with both the Maratrac and Spectra. I've searched online and can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks

cmdrwill

I know there were two different Mics for Spectras, ect. The difference is the length of the cord and placement of the strain relief clip. The A5 and A7 mic has a longer section between the connector and strain relief clip. The A9 type has a shorter length between the mic plug and strain relief clip as the clip attaches on the back of the head.

So that may be the difference..

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
The 1032 has a DTMF pad whereas the 1052 is simply a microphone, but are you not asking about that?

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry, I meant the 1053. The 1053 looks identical to the 1032, DTMF and the same connector.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
I believe the 1053 is for the Astro Spectra so there's probably some internal differences but I'll try to check later.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
OK, fairly strange. I've been looking through some old parts catalogs and they conflict each other. One says the 1053 is only for the old analog Spectra whereas a different catalog lists it as being compatible with the Astro Spectra. I haven't found mention of the 1032 yet but I know they exist!

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Then why did M make note that several of the mics are not compatible with the AS? There's also that thread on the other forums listing modifications for the 1052 to convert it to the 1080.

Status
Not open for further replies.