DTRS and the Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Now that the Springs is part of the DTRS, does CSP use those frequencies within the Springs, or are they still strictly for the Springs and surrounding towns/cities?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Now that the Springs is part of the DTRS, does CSP use those frequencies within the Springs, or are they still strictly for the Springs and surrounding towns/cities?

Are you traveling out this way from New York?

Colorado Springs and El Paso County are not formally part of the DTRS yet.

CSP has and continues to use DTRS throughout all those areas with Cheyenne Mtn CC being the primary site.

Jim<

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I'm planning on coming out that way at the end of the summer. I drove out there once before...this time it's going to be a month long driving "adventure."

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Actually, Colorado Springs and El Paso County are part of DTRS, and you will find CSP troop 2B talk groups on several of their zone 4 sites in the area that Colorado Springs and El Paso County use, in addition to Cheyenne Mtn.

speard

Premium Subscriber
Um...I'm confused. Are you saying that CSPD is on the same TG as CSP 2B?

The template is programmed to have the CSPD primary channels programmed into zone 1 of the Troopers' radios that work out of the 2B.

And conversely, CSPD's template has some 2B talk groups programmed into it. I was following up on greenthumb's comment.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Database Admin
And one other important thing to note is that the Colorado Springs and El Paso County talk groups only use the zone 4 sites, and only the CSP 2B talk groups and MACs from the rest of DTRS can use the zone 4 sites.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
And one other important thing to note is that the Colorado Springs and El Paso County talk groups only use the zone 4 sites, and only the CSP 2B talk groups and MACs from the rest of DTRS can use the zone 4 sites.

And the only "Zone 4" sites are actually PPRCN sites. They are do not belong to the CCNC in any way, shape or form (and that's not going to change anytime soon).
Imagine that.

greenthumb

Database Admin
And the only "Zone 4" sites are actually PPRCN sites. They are do not belong to the CCNC in any way, shape or form (and that's not going to change anytime soon).
Imagine that.

Correct, and I never made mention to the contrary - but i'm not sure why it even matters to bring this up. Those zone 4 sites are part of the system called DTRS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.