DTRS Site 145 - Badger Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

The Zone -1 Badger Mountain site 145, has been showing as "Failed" when looking at the neighbors of Cheyenne Mountain site 148 since at least midnight last night.

Anyone seeing this when looking at one of these other sites' neighbors?

104 West Creek (Denver Metro)
146 Sacramento Mountain (Park County)
149 Twin Mountain (Fremont County)
150 Methodist Mountain (Chaffee County)
151 Deer Peak (Custer County)
215 Bald Mountain South (Chaffee County)

Hopefully someone with a view of at least West Creek (Denver Metro) can chime in.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Logging West Creek now and Badger is indeed showing Failed, Current could be related to the 100Mph+ winds they've had in that area the last few days.

Jim<

dw2872

Thanks, Jim. The winds are a good possibility of cause.

I've never been up there but does anyone know if the Zone-1 Badger Mountain tower next to the Zone-4 Badger Mountain tower? Equipment in the same building?

The Zone-4 Badger Mountain tower is showing good.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Appears to be specific to the State site. Sacramento is still connected.

The Badger II - Colo Springs site is still operating and connected.

Chuck

dw2872

Haha, Jim. Is that from Chuck K, our Western Slope connection?

Yep, probably the winds got one of the antennas or something.

superfreak

The sites Badger 4 and Badger 1 are about 100 feet apart or so. Badger 4 is owned by El Paso County and Badger 1 is owned by Park County/State

dw2872

Yes, Zone-4 sites are used ALMOST exclusively by El Paso County TGs/users and Zone-1 ALMOST exclusively by state users.

Cheyenne Mountain (a Zone-1 site) lets me hear TGs dragged down here from Weld, the Western Slope and the NM state line, but local users (besides CSP, DEA, CDOT, and other statewide users can).

Stanley Canyon (an El Paso County/Zone-4 site) is not reporting its Call Sign for some reason why all these other sites around me are. It has been that way for a few days. Anyone else ever see that happen on their local sites?

Steve2003

Stanley Canyon (an El Paso County/Zone-4 site) is not reporting its Call Sign for some reason why all these other sites around me are. It has been that way for a few days. Anyone else ever see that happen on their local sites?

Perhaps the frequencies on the site are covered by more than one license?

Also, for some of the smaller P25 systems the Call Sign can be determined from the SystemID & WACN:
CISCO P25 Calculator

Westminster isn't (or wasn't) broadcasting a call sign but you can figure it out using the tool above:
WACN: 927A7
SystemID: 5C8
Call Sign = WQRR32

dw2872

Ah yes. I've seen that calculator before but totally forgot about it. Thanks!

The call sign is listed of RR so I was just double checking the Zone-4 sites around me to make sure the name, call sign, channels, neighbors, etc all matched up between what they are broadcasting versus what RR has listed. There have been a lot of changes lately. Someone was asking a couple weeks ago what happened to the listing of a Pueblo County site and I noticed they changed the name. Here in Colorado Springs they also changed the Airport site and now it is called Peterson Air Force Base. That will be sure to confuse some people since PAFB has their own P25 on the Air Force system not related except for an occasional FD patch to the county. There are a lot of missing neighbors in the listings for Zone 4 sites too and Cedar Heghts is missing a couple freqs/channels. I guess I need to get to logging down here more. Even Cheyenne Mountain is missing 6 neighbors in the RR listing and has one listed (134) that is not, but I'll submit a suggested change here in a bit.

Mick

Hi Dan,

With Pro96COM I am seeing a call sign every 30 minutes of WPTQ260 for Site 412, Stanley Canyon. Of interest is that it's the same call sign for Site 414, Calhan.

These sites show the same call sign:

WPMK711
415 Woodland Park
416 Austin Bluffs

WQAD254
417 Airport
419 Truckton

Really interesting is the call sign for site 415, Black Forest:

WQAB360 - Canceled 6June2009

The true call sign is WQKC776.

Yes, Zone-4 sites are used ALMOST exclusively by El Paso County TGs/users and Zone-1 ALMOST exclusively by state users.

Cheyenne Mountain (a Zone-1 site) lets me hear TGs dragged down here from Weld, the Western Slope and the NM state line, but local users (besides CSP, DEA, CDOT, and other statewide users can).

dw2872

Hey Mick - Thanks for taking a look too. I really appreciate it.

But, I just switched to Stanley Canyon too and it still has no call sign on the CWID broadcast.

I think what might be happening with yours and why it is showing the same call sign for a couple different sites is that you are not pressing the "Stop Data Decode" button at the bottom right of Pro96Com after you are done with one site (so it clears the previous data out). If you don't do that then it won't clear the data from the previous site and it will still have it there unless it receives a new CWID broadcast to update the Call Sign value on the Site Information screen. I just tested that and if I don't do that then each site I was on before I switch to Stanley Canyon then leaves that site's call sign in the Stanley Canyon screen.

I could be wrong, but it seems like that is what is happening with the duplicate call signs.

I switched to Stanley Canyon at 4:37 pm and have not seen a single CWID broadcast in the channel grant screen so far. Other sites have been doing the 30 minute broadcasts of their call signs though.

Mick

You may have just seen the call sign at 1751 hours. It showed up here.

Attachments

• Stanley.jpg
    Stanley.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 144

dw2872

You are right. I don't know why it is not populating my Call Sign value on the Site Info screen after the CWID. Thanks for looking at these.

I have a super weak antenna and I am in a valley on the north side of Colo Springs and I cannot even pick up Black Forest. I certainly cannot pick up Woodland Park from here. I don't know how you do it, but thank you!

dw2872

My screen looks different from yours. I am using Pro96Com version 1.11.2, Build 194. Maybe they broke something and got a bug in it if I have a newer version.

Mick

That's not good. I checked this version and see it's 1.10.7 Build 192.

Are you seeing call signs from other Sites?

Thanks for the info. Let me know if there's anything I can check for you.

Good thread, thanks, Mick

dw2872

Yes I am seeing call signs on the 5 or 6 other sites I can see from here. And I am getting excellent decode on Stanley Canyon too. I can see it out my window. It overlooks the Air Force Academy on the west side. Strange. It must be something strange about that call sign that the new build does not like or cannot handle.

Definitely good to have more than one set of eyes (and more than one version of software too). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.