Dtrs tg-9544

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckydenver

Wondering what this TG is, its been popping up lately and all ENC too with a RID of 350xxx which would be Boulder Cnty maybe? Thanks

nathancarlson

I have been getting hits off Mount Thorodin just now, and had it listed as boulder county future use. Its all encrypted. I am thinking its Boulder County. They have been doing a lot of testing on both conventional and DTRS lately. I have gotten a lot of hits on 9556 Rocky Mountain Rescue (in the clear).

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I have been getting hits off Mount Thorodin just now, and had it listed as boulder county future use. Its all encrypted. I am thinking its Boulder County. They have been doing a lot of testing on both conventional and DTRS lately. I have gotten a lot of hits on 9556 Rocky Mountain Rescue (in the clear).

Nathan, Which radio id's have you logged on the hits?

Jim<

Steve2003

I have had Pro96Com running 24/7 on the Riley Peak site since the beginning of the month. Here are all RIDs I have logged with TG 9544:

(All TGs were denied on the site)

-Steve

nathancarlson

350264, 350266, are the only RIDs I got today on 9544.

I think Longmont Uses 9521 and 9520 encrypted. I am sure one is for swat, and the other for the drug unit. Ironically, when they have a big incident they seem to keep it on the channels that are in the clear, but I seem to get a lot of enc key ups on those other TGs. I have also gotten 9210 enc on Longmonts control channel.

I typically use the temporary lockout whenever the encyrpited traffic comes up. I just keep them in working memory, because I wonder if once in a while I will get anything in the clear, but those TGs listed above seem to be full time ENC. In Larimer county, on Larimer SO Tac3, I get one radio that is ENC and the other units are in the cleer, usually on my way to work around 5:00 am. Kind of strange! I know its not just "digital" because the other unit is always carrying on the conversation as if he can hear it just fine. It seems like normal car to car traffic so I don't know why it would be encrypted.

I still have a lot to learn :) I don't know if the radio user has the option to encrypt their radio if they wish, or if its a talkgroup specific deal on some of them, or if certain radios are set to encrypt everything.

rckydenver

I've been logging this on Mt.Thorodin site. Also same ID's as Steve. I got this tag on my Pro96com as Boulder Secret Squirrel for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.