DTV Repack Is Causing ‘Harmful Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Physical channels 2 to 13 are the same for cable or antenna. The frequencies for channels above 14 are different. Over-the-air channels are identified by their logical channel by most tuners/TVs, and that can make the scanning elusive. If your receiver has an option to scan and UPDATE, that's what I try to use (otherwise it replaces everything it previously discovered).

Only if the cable system is still using analog. On QAM 2-13 are virtual and can be anywhere in the cable system. Unfortunately, I think LG is the
only manufacturer who still offers an update feature, everyone else (Samsung, etc) is "rescan only". The LG is nice in that you can also manually tune and watch a channel.

The best way to identify channels is simply using the FCC's site or FCCinfo.com, Cavell Mertz. Unfortunately the FCC made a mess of the databases by transitioning all the broadcast licenses from the Consolidated Database (CDBS) to the License Management System (LMS). The change from CDBS to LMS was one of the worst things the FCC has done in quite some time. It was breaking something that was working well.
And there is such a stark difference between the two, a lot of third party websites struggle to parse the two. (And not to mention the issues in the LMS itself. Wrong call signs, facilities etc.)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
gmclam said:
Physical channels 2 to 13 are the same for cable or antenna. ...
Only if the cable system is still using analog. On QAM 2-13 are virtual and can be anywhere in the cable system. Unfortunately, I think LG is the
only manufacturer who still offers an update feature, everyone else (Samsung, etc) is "rescan only". The LG is nice in that you can also manually tune and watch a channel.
PHYSICAL channels are the same. It can be called anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.