DTW frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8FNR

I live 25 miles NE of Detroit Metro Airport, DTW in Royal Oak. Have a Comet GP-9 antenna on the roof, several HT's (TH-D72a, ID-51a+2 and AT-D878UV) and would like to know what frequencies would be the best to monitor for my location. Don't want to listen to everything just a general sampling of aircraft and activity.

Zack N8FNR

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
All you have to do is at the top of the page, click on the the Database link, then Michigan and Wayne county to find

Let us know with a submission or so if as mentioned Sky Chef, Parking shuttles and ASIG channels are now mototrbo. How to do it is to remove the PL tone and if you get this sound they are mototrbo digital.

GeneseeCoMI

I live 25 miles NE of Detroit Metro Airport, DTW in Royal Oak. Have a Comet GP-9 antenna on the roof, several HT's (TH-D72a, ID-51a+2 and AT-D878UV) and would like to know what frequencies would be the best to monitor for my location. Don't want to listen to everything just a general sampling of aircraft and activity.

Zack N8FNR

I don't know anything about how well those antennas and radios perform but in my experience being 25 miles from Romulus you'll probably only be able to pick up the pilots and not the controllers from Detroit TRACON or Metro Tower/Ground etc. Five to ten miles with a good antenna is usually the maximum range if you want to receive both sides of the conversation.

N8FNR

I don't know anything about how well those antennas and radios perform but in my experience being 25 miles from Romulus you'll probably only be able to pick up the pilots and not the controllers from Detroit TRACON or Metro Tower/Ground etc. Five to ten miles with a good antenna is usually the maximum range if you want to receive both sides of the conversation.
Thanks. I kind of figure that I am too far from the tower to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.