dual band 3/8x24 that is 1/2 wave on 2m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparks29

John McClane
I am going to be mounting an antenna with a less than adequate groundplane, and 1/2 wave does better in such situations.

I already have the mounting spot... NEED it to be 3/8x24 and 1/2 wave on 2m....don't care what it is on UHF

Anyone know of such a beast?

hockeyshrink

I am going to be mounting an antenna with a less than adequate groundplane, and 1/2 wave does better in such situations.

I already have the mounting spot... NEED it to be 3/8x24 and 1/2 wave on 2m....don't care what it is on UHF

Anyone know of such a beast?
Firestik has a 2m 5/8 wave fiberglass whip that terminates in a 3/8x24, but that does not help you on 70cm.

My guy in Jersey has one on his site, but I don't know what the wavelength is (go there and scroll down). He also has the adapter so you can put any dual band you want on the 3/8x24 mount, if you are willing to live with an adapter.

https://www.webtrix.net/shopcart/Ad...HF+Amateur+Base+&+Mobile+-++HAM/GMRS/COMM</b>

'shrink

Edit: Oops, the adapter he has is for 3/8x24 TO an M mount...sorry, didn't read closely enuf. Still may be worth a call though, I am sure the other one exists somewhere.

Last edited:

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
J Pole

Howdy....

You might have a look at these 'J-Pole Dual Banders' from arrrow (Arrow Antenna J-Poles) as a point of reference.

The have instructions on the site you can use to build (you have to noodle around to find the right page) but I have built several for my shack and for Skywarn use for 146/440 work. No ground plane & SWR is very good on both bands...

Total cost to build was about ~$22.00 as I recall.....

Best of luck.

Thx

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.