Dual SC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

I put these up yesterday but have not finalized everything as far as using them.

They are still not high enough as you can see they are well under the tree level.

Looking forward to testing them in the next day or so.

I have an old splitter i plan on using to tie them both together as well as testing them individually.

Actual height is only 20' to the top of the mast.
they just barely clear the roof top (as shown), The pics looks like it clears the tree's in the background, but it's about 30'-40' below it.

They are currently facing the 2 directions i need to receive from.

Yes, I know (before someone points it out) the coax is not tied up to the mast yet, but like i said, i have not finalized everything just yet.

anyway, have a look, and i will post the results of combining the 2 SC2 antenna's into 1 scanner.

The mast is 2 10' sections of 1 1/4" rigid PVC tubing

1002964gc1.jpg

1002960sg7.jpg

Twister_2

Feed Provider
is it grounded?...Do you have plans on grounding it...if so, you could get a grounding rod at home depot and drive it into the ground...that is the most important part of the install.

digitalanalog

Twister_2 said:
is it grounded?...Do you have plans on grounding it...if so, you could get a grounding rod at home depot and drive it into the ground...that is the most important part of the install.

Like i said it's not been finished yet, but yes, I got it covered, don't worry, Been there done that.....:)

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Good...I don't know what part of the country you are in, but in all of the states it needs to be grounded, but in some more that others.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Nice Job!

I always wanted to do that! I have one and it works very well. I thought about doing it and just put it off. Well, here I go again....HMMMM!

Manny

KC0QNB

Wait till it gets hot out, you may have horizontal antennas, or at least not vertical. I have to ask how do those type of antennas hold up in high winds, many years ago I had a Channel master scanner antenna, after the first couple of very gusty windy days, the thing was mangled not the best money I ever spent, My RS discone (the original model without the enhanced low band element) has been through hell and back and a tree falling on the mast it was attached to, is still 100% intact, except for a few of those little rubber covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.