Dublin TRS Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone else notice that control channel for the Dublin TRS in Franklin County is "extremely intermittant"? It sounds like an open carrier, and every 5 seconds or so, it would make a little bit of control noise, and just go back to an open carrier sound.

At first I thought it was just my scanner, but then Washington Township dispatched a second-alarm fire assignment, and told them to stay on the FCCA system, instead of switching to the Dublin system like they normally do for fire assignments.

So, I take it the Dublin system is not working as of about 12:45 pm.

16b

Premium Subscriber
I just tuned in the control channel on 855.9625. It sounds to me like one of the simulcast transmitters is not carrying the control channel data. I can move my handheld around and it fades from control channel to dead carrier depending on where I hold it. I just heard someone talk and it sounds like the same thing is happening to the voice channels. I think that one of their sites has lost the audio feed (but is still getting the push-to-talk signal).

16b

Premium Subscriber
Dublin police seems to be using Suburb 4A (6672) on the Columbus system.

16b

Premium Subscriber
What a convenient time to have a big fire.

And all of those accidents later! I'll bet that this is a day that the dispatchers want to forget.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
mmartinfan said:
Yes the Dublin Comm Center was hit by lightning @ 1230 today.
Their comm center must not be too far away from the apartment complex that Washington Twp FD had a 2nd alarm at with a fire fighter being injured. I heard that it was caused by a lightning strike as well.

mmartinfan

Banned
Just down the road. The 2nd alarm was kinda well........ I had to get back to Columbus from Springfield in a hurry to get there. Talk about pissed!

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
It is working again as of about 7:45 pm, they probably fixed it before this, I just noticed it at 7:45. :)

jds911

Its way late I realize, but I thought someone might be interested.

The comm center was NOT struck by lightening. The console interface board went bad on the back up controller. When the T1 line lost connection, the t-bar switched to the back up controller. When the backup controller could not talk to the consoles, it locked up the system as it is not designed to "switch back" automatically.

Board replaced, problem resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.